Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

-+@ Lock @+-

New month? Same CCG...



Art Credits:
Inferno by Annette Burke
Harvest Feast by Matt Holmberg
Dune Blast by Nov, background by Holmberg

OK, Dune Blast was the last templated card that I did a while ago. It looks funny... too 2D, I need to find out how to improve things like that to make them more 3D. Anyways, the card has been added to EF, and of course, the website has been updated to include it yadda yadda. And if people haven't already read it, Flight Delayed pretty much has the status of where EF is going.

It's another month and MND has got a new tournament... less than 10 games were played last month for the tournament, and dartax emerged the winner. I think I gave out more tokens than was actually used... doh! This month though, it's a quick tournament format with only two magi and it's titled Terrible Twos. I hope more people will play in the tournament, but I don't have too much faith in it.

I was just talking to Bobby about finishing up his 4 KT cards for TW. He still hasn't found the time to do it yet. I still have to finish up Paradwyn, and Weave and Core are still up in the air, although they aren't as up in the air as they seem to be. I wonder how many people actually understand that TW, and DJ, is still on eventhough EF isn't. Probably not a lot... and of those that do, not many would care. I won't blame them.

Meanwhile I've been busy working on Final Twilight as it releases its second expansion in almost as many months. This is the first expansion to include artwork by yours truly so hurray! I'd boast a lot more about it, but blegh, it's not much to boast about. I think the expansion has already been sold out or something... hmm... Anyways, Nate has come back with a whole bucket load of defects so I guess I'll have to get around to them sometime...

Meanwhile, Mark seemst to be making progress on Attack according to his blog. That's not an exclusive CCGW blog, so there's a lot of searching to get the CCGW related parts, but it's a good read nevertheless. It's nice to know that my blogs have started others onto the path.

Tomi has started on the part to adding XP to his games. That is a great thing, and hopefully it'll encourage more people to play his games. Martin has also announced that he will be spending time to update his signature game - Doomtown. I can't wait to see what tricks from Vampire will he be using in the Doomtown update.

Two people I haven't heard from for a while are Tony and Josh. Tony is probably busy with work and all, and he still posts once in a blue moon on the forums (OK, I exaggerate, he posts a lot more frequent than that... and a lot more frequent than Robert, that's for sure). And Josh? Probably vamping away doing some other thing. I hope he hasn't given up on coding CWNB, but somehow, I don't see how someone can keep up with learning how to code these days, with the gazillion things to remember, unless they are really really really really really really really enthusiastic about the game in question, like Christoph is about SWD...

Christoph is still tweaking SWD to his liking. I think that's a good thing that he's doing. It's a pity that he's just a one CCG person though. Anyways SWD is still going strong, but has been overtaken by VTES in the number of games played category as of last month (yes, I'm still doing that eventhough I've stopped reporting them). The good news for VTES is that WW has agreed to let the next expansion be added... it'll probably be around the end of March, early April according tot he announcement.

Talking about announcements, I had to update a whole lot of stuff on the FPN for February a few days back just to catch up with everything. For once, there's not one, not two, not even three but 4 tournaments running simultaneously this month. That's a first I think for the engine.

It's a pity that the engine has been a bit unstable lately - the forums are fill with people complaining about not being able to log in. Oh well, can't be helped, I guess. Ed is trying his best to trouble shoot the problems and it seems to be taking up all of his time.

Talking about forums, I simplified the Custom Cards forum a while back also. There's still a small group of people who frequent that forum, which is a good thing, but I wonder how long that will last if there are no more competitions there. Oh well.

And it's full circle back to MND again. Things on my to do list for the next few whatevers, in no particular order:
1. Fix Final Twilight.
2. Finish up Hyborian Gates.
3. Add WSS2 to WSS1, automate, update and add XP.
4. Nag Ed to switch on the lab so that I can finish off NBC.
5. Add TW Underneath to MND, add DJ to MND, bugfixes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home