Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

-+@ Six Pack! @+-

which sounds like a lot... sometimes finishing it is a chore, just like the other stuff I do...



Art Credits:
Dirt Levitation by Nov
Duplicate by Holmberg/Werner/Shreve/Nov
Weave Wall by Werner/Nov/Holmberg

Well, three cards I created this week, and each one of them had their fair share of difficulties. I like how Dirt Levitation turned out, and it's simple because it was done by me. I don't claim to be an artist as such, but I'm happy with the end result. Duplicate was hard to get the final result as I had planned it in my head. Getting the creature was the easiest of the hard parts. Then there were that moving effect and a whole load of other issues. The end result isn't too shabby taking everything into consideration. The weave wall above, is a version 2 of the art. I originally did something, but I really didn't like what I had drawn, so I had to scrap it and restart again. I like this result better, more than 50% of that was drawn by me so I'm happy with it.

I updated the website with everything and a whole load of other things there as well. Tournament announcements, custom card projects, the whole enchilada. April is shaping up to be a busy MND month as well. Ah, there goes my hiatus! As promised though, the April MND Calendar is shown below. The large version is available from the Custom Card website, and can be used as a desktop image.


I managed to create a new HumAliens ad for the Promos yesterday. I like the new ad, but only because it's a ripoff directly from the official site with text added to it. I've got to make a few more ads these days once I get the time.

There aren't too many other things to take note of today... then engine is experiencing a weird logout bug for a while now. It seems to be elusive so far. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. 2 more days to April 1st, will Final Nights make it on that date? And will there be a game made public before the end of this month? Well, only time will tell...

So, I was playing Auto Assault again today. It's fun. The game mechanics is new, but it'll get old fast though, unless the cards keep it lively. They still have a lot of material to make cards from there so that shouldn't be a problem. It's a bit dead at the moment though due to low publicity since it's still in beta. But it's playable, it's fun, the graphics are cool, the background music is great and most of all it's not buggy, but there are a number of Bugs to choose from, including a few modified VW Bugs.

April will also be the release date for the Christmastown expansion for Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm looking forward to that. I wonder how that game is doing. It's NECA's first CCG and I do want it to succeed. I'm still looking forward to the Stargate CCG as well. Two things to look forward to this year. I've got to ask people to pick up freebies for me...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home