Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, April 14, 2006

-+@ Sucka @+-

Fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me.



Art Credits:
l'Cust by Zastrow, background by Holsten
Swalb by Katura
Trem by Zastrow

Three more magi for EF, and I do really like these magi. The first two seems dual-magi-ish though, which I suppose can be a problem for card design, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there I suppose. I continued and did a creature image today - it's a manip and not a new image, but it took absolutely ages to complete. I'm glad at the end result though. Since it's also an RP card, the RP version can be viewed on Insiider. So that means there's 7 more images to go, 6 Underneath creatures and a Nar magi.

I spent most of yesterday developing the list of changelogs for the Public CCGW wiki. It was a challenge creating a table that's visually appealing and organising the data so that it makes sense to someone who's looking for infomation and I think the end result isn't too shabby.

It's a holiday weekend for some people, and I'm guessing those people are busy coding away, either on their games or on the wiki, or even the website. Mark is still trying to get at least 2 games done before Origins and at the rate he's going, he'll probably get to do that. Logan is busily gearing up to get all the bells and whistles going for LMS. Those two of them have been doing crazy stuff and hours to get everything done by Origins.

I had a talk today with Tomi about card design. It seems DoomTrooper is suffering from a "runaway combo problem" where players with Uber decks can setup the game to win in one turn by playing a series of cards that combos to gain the required amount of victory points. Those aren't easy to stop though, particularly if one is new to the game, and every game seems to boils down to who can get their runaway combo to trigger first, which makes things boring. Perhaps that is why the number of games played for Doom, particularly over the tournament, is down.

I played two games of Auto Assault today with my two different decks. Basically, those are just "put whatever that's cool into the deck" decks since the deck building rules are not available anywhere. I won both the games against the same deck, using the same strategy, even though the decks I was playing with have different strength. I guess playstyle is important at the end of the day. Mine was to assault missions to win the game, while keeping my opponent on his toes by damaging his vehicle. The game seriously needs more answers to some of the problems, but at the moment it works and is semi-fun, so I guess it's good to go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home