Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

-+@ Erkenbrand, Erkenbrand @+-

Heh, if you think that that tile is my attempt to spell Elderweiss (however that is spelt), well, you are sadly mistaken. No, Erkenbrand is the new LotR WETA promo from Decipher that features some ugly brute on the card (what do you expect from that game?) Why did I choose that as the title... well, it could be of no consequence (like most of my other posts) or it could be because it features in a story I'm going to write about.





See, you are supposed to get said promo online with a purchase of $10 right after midnight. So I went and bought $10 of cards, but got the wrong promo instead. Apparently someone was at GenCon and didn't fix up the correct promo. So I talked to a guy named Bruce who was really really apologetic and was very helpful and tried his best to do all he could, eventhough it was well over midnight for him. He told me to send an email off to the correct person as well to request for a swap, which I did.

So today I logged in and found I did get an Erkenbrand after all. However, it wasn't a swap, it was an additional card. So that's me with one promo more than I should have. Played he World-Apart guy who gave me the promo in a casual game as well. I won that game, just barely. However I get this paranoid feeling that all this is happening because I'm "Novelty from CCG Workshop". Oh well, good things happen, I guess.

I worked on Portable Adventure today (is that a gasp I hear?) and cleared up half of the things on the to do list. It's at this time that the law of diminishing returns kicks in - although I modified quite a lot fo scripts, the end result probably affects perhaps 6 or so cards (OK, I'm exagerrating... or under-exagerrating). Why am I doing it then if it's so pointless? Well, because I can for one and because it's a pain doing them manually for another. The next round of updates will probably take more work - playing stuff on reinforcements to trigger off adventure text, automating Linda, using stuff that roll and add CP to be automated - but the big thing is the adventure phase turn order thing which will probably take a lot more time that I would wish to work on... however that has to be done. Then there's the Encounter automation to think about... but that's clearly not for this month. Well, I should try to at least finish off what I budgetted for this month on this though.

T was working on FZOO earlier. I think it's beginning to be good now. Let's hope it makes a September release. Martin might also be able to get Abduction out by September as well... and he did promise a VTES beta by October. That's interesting at least. Maybe nipa might even get ToJH out by September. We'll have to see. All these and Crypt and Summer Camp out possibly by September means it's good news in terms of the increased in the number of games.

And talking of games you should go and play a game or a Quartet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home