Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, August 23, 2004

-+@ Somewhere Down The Road @+-

Yesterday I thought I'd seen it all...
...They will hold the answers at the end of the road.

Slow day today... nothing much happened CCG Workshop wise. Kept my eyes on the tours, posted in the forums, cleared out the bot again... the usual stuff.

No game got an update... which could be a good thing I guess... I needed the downtime.

I found a Shire Countryside for CoS and he gave me quite a number of really useful cards - including a number of good rares. Add that to me getting some other cards in trade and I had enough to make a decent elf deck. Nothing superb, but decks like that always needs tweaking anyways. The flip side is that I have an almost pure Isengard Hai Shadow (3 Trolls and 2 Wraiths for tech), and I'm trying to make it work almost as well as my dual coloured Hai. We'll see how that deck goes... hopefully, it'll be another weird commons/uncommon dealing out big blows... but probably not. I haven't seen much of hobbits copycat decks this week, so I guess the storm has passed. The new decktype seems to be a 2 player fellowship deck... might be interesting to see how that goes... but it uses mainly rares sadly.

The good thing was that "Novelty of LotR Online" is getting some currency. Hung around in the trading chatroom with some of the players and asked stupid newbie questions. Had fun just shooting the breeze... at least the level of maturity in the room is higher than what I was used to on CCGW...

I did tell lope I might take a break from B5 for a while. Things are getting a bit too overcrowded with the Vorlon playtesting for me. It's good though that the cards are being properly tested and stuff, but I feel that I need a break from the constant ... work. It used to be fun... but somehow it hasn't been recently. I wonder why.

The other thing I'm really dreading is digging back into Portable Adventures. Things seem hairy on the surface, but I'm sure once I dig down into it, it'll be as easy to code as eating cake... and I really should stop mixing metaphors. There's always tomorrow...

But one should not leave for tomorrow what one can do today... after all, tomorrow might never come... or there'll be monkeys on the moon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home