Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

-+@ Breakdown @+-

Blogger was down much of yesterday, which resulted in me not being able to post or do much to the site eventhough a few updates seems to be in order.

ccgworkshop.com finally propagated and is resolving to the new address for me which means that most of my links and cookies have to be updated. The thing though is that some of the pages are still wacky on the site, particularly the game tour page and I think the defects page. Sounds like it's a lot of work there.

I got my Kings anthology and the 2nd box of Reflections yesterday and proceeded to open them all up. Got my 2nd offline Elendil and my 6th overall (including online) from 4 boxes (2 real, 2 virtual), but have yet to get one Gil-galad from a box or a pack. The only one I have is the online one where I traded an Elendil for a Gil-galad. Not a bad box though - I got another One Ring from that box, so hopefully, I'll be able to trade that for a real life Gil-galad. My reflections box also rewarded me with some spanish cards, including 2 rares. I wonder if I should keep them.

I had to update my lists on mahasamatman.com though, just to realise that I haven't put up my RotK and MD lists on there yet. That seems to be so much work to do, but it's gonna be easier now that I have the anthology box, with the little booklet inside. Yes, I like those booklets, I wish we could get them like after the first set of the block is released, but at the rate Decipher is doing things, I doubt it somehow.

I finally achieved an Orc swarm in a game yesterday, that was rather rewarding particularly against a Knights FP. Played a few more games and did some devastation, I think people are beginning to get used to the orc devastation though. I finally found what Orcs do besides swarm - add burdens. I wonder how viable that will be in a tournament deck though... it'll definately need lots of rares to make it competitive in a tournament, I guess.

The whole day was taken up by LotR though, or so it seems, building decks, playing games, sorting cards. It definately keeps one occupied for way too long. And I had to sort cards from 9 different expansions as well - imagine that, 9 expansions... all 10 if you consider that there was 1 card from Siege of Gondor in the Anthology.

Didn't do much work on the engine. Some Shepherd maintenance, some forums behind the scene stuff, but nothing major. I guess I'm all out for this month working on the engine, distraction or not. Well, we'll have to see. I also have to post up my stuff to do for next month on here tonight or tomorrow so that I'll have time for the other end of month stuff - the featured games thing and the updates to the plates post.

Anyways, I hope this post goes though, I'm too lazy to retype this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home