Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, October 25, 2004

-+@ Back From The Dead @+-

I got this email today...

From: "Charles Xavier"
To: "Novelty"
Subject: Thank goodness you're not dead!
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:28:09 +0000

Where this Mr. Xavier proceded to tell me how grateful he was that I'm alive. Erm... yeah, I guess I wouldn't know it if I'm dead anyways. It's just bizzarre, how someone I don't even know has written such gushy words in an email to me. Only goes to show how much other people depend on me... not!

Anyways, spent today fixing up the bot - quite a few more questions needs some clarification, and people are still asking one word questions like "game?" which can be interpreted in a variety of ways. Sheesh. And they wonder why it's giving them a non-response.

One of the shepherds who signed up over this week quit as well... which is probably the record. I expected them to last anything from two weeks to two months. Lasting for less than a week is interesting to say the least. I also tried to get the new shepherds to sign up to the forums so that they can be added to the Shepherd's Pasture. Well, most of them are signed up now on the forums... we'll have to see how long they last.

And while I'm on the forum, I added in a few more forums. Well, OK, a couple really. The forums are never alive anyways, but there are some who tries. Doug has been busy trying to keep the Sailor Moon forum semi-alive, but I doubt he's doing much. I told him he might have better luck if he started a Sailor Moon tour, which he has taken to heart. Anyways, I wonder how long he'll last as well. Most people don't stay too long.

I didn't get the time to work on either Bowling or the distraction for this month. I wasn't really in the mood to do anything, thanks to Tomi, who introduced me to the fun that's bubble bobble. Oh well... maybe tomorrow.

Quite a few people logged in asking for WotC games today... only to find out that they were gone - BattleTech and Harry Potter mostly. Well, they probably only got in after getting the new patch too. I don't really envy them.

VTES players are still asking about VTES, and eventhough Martin has been trying his best, the adaptation doesn't build itself. It does take time to do, not to mention quite a lot of resources. We'll have to see what happens there.

It's the 24th of November and ToJH isn't public yet. Heh, I'm almost expecting a post in the forums asking him why that is so. Conversely, Thomas is removing stuff to make Frank's Zoo manual for the time being to get it out the door public. I told him he can continue working on it while it's in beta testing to get the automations done. After all, for me, alpha = start, beta = playable version, now playing = full version. We shall have to see what goes on there.

Oh and if I haven't already mentioned it, the server move is making things go crazy. I hope it'd be done ASAP, but it's one of those minor hassles that can't be avoided. Also, the move has probably eaten into the licensed game announcement... there hasn't been one for October. Oh well. Maybe we'll get one in November.

And on the LotR front, I made a Dwarf deck today. it does need all those rare characters that nobody wants to build with, but other than that, the deck is mainly commons and uncommons, with the exception of 3 other cards. It's a bit weird to play though and I'll have to get used to it... straight dwarves is almost comboless.... it's practically run as fast as you can. Tomorrow, I'll try adding some tech to see if I could make it more interesting.

Oh and just to show more eye candy, three dwarf cards from Shadows.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home