Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, October 18, 2004

-+@ It's Clobberin' Time @+-

Well, the Shadows release tournament was definately exciting. I'm glad I don't have to deal with all the hordes of "unhappy" people there. 152 people joined up to play in the first one... and at $25 per person for the entry fee, that's sure ... interesting. Anyways, won 3 out of 6 games... guess I didn't do so good, but oh well, it's the experience that counts (so says someone who didn't win).

Bought my online Shadow cards and I guess I've already figured out which cards are going to be hot. The Orc Hordes card for one, Witch King and Salt from the Shire. I've got my 4 Salts so I guess I'm all set. I've got to retool my deck though... my shadow side needs condition removal and grond isn't cutting it. I guess I'll have to swap out the Giant Hill Trolls for that event that does that. Hmm... more playtesting.

And in between all that I did manage to work on PAD... upgraded the interactions of Billy with females and Dwarphs/Urks such that things get a little bit more automated when things are played. Hopefully the engine is stable enough to handle them though. I need to put in a minor tweak in there somewhere because it's doing something a little bit awkwardly... maybe tomorrow. I'll also need to add in the Next/Pass buttons. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I've been saying that for ages now. As that weird villian from Gadget says near the end of every episode "I'll get you next time, Gadget, next time!"

VTES might be going up for closed testing as soon as Martin thinks it's ready. I hope it'll be soon. I told him he'll have to link it up himself though, and he wasn't too keen on doing that. Oh well, that's up to him. He's still busy scanning stuff I think... not to mention having a life :)

Tomi is busy working on his games as well, and it's nice to have him back. There has already been a Mythos update and ToJH has been promised on the 24th... although as I point out everywhere, he didn't exactly specify which year, so he might have an excuse by saying that it's 24th October 2005! Heh.

Logan is still busy tweaking Crypt by adding tons of automation... he's almost doing daily updates now on Crypt. I don't blame him, I've been doing the same on PAD this week as well. Hopefully, he'll catch the wind and start work on Mall of America soon. That would be awesome. I wonder if he's got the materials yet. I shall have to ask him.

I glanced through some of the VS cards. I'm surprised at how many of them actually pay homage to WS. I wonder if some of them pays homage to Overpower or the other predecessors... maybe not. After all the game has a WS feel to it and less a Overpower/Recharge/etc. feel. But who knows?

Ed put up an update on the CD just before the weekend... apparently he's consolidating stuff onto them. I wonder though how up to date the CDs are given the fact that for games like MND, there are images being added on an almost monthly basis.

And which game will be the first to go public in October... I have no idea. It's well past the middle of the month as I write this and nothing seems to be even close to there, with one exception - ToJH. Well, we'll just have to see if that comes to pass. Bowling might make it as well, but somehow I doubt it, seeing as to how I still haven't finished PAD (yeah, those Next/Pass buttons are icky to code for), but who knows? Maybe there could be a dark horse in this race. Heh heh heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home