Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

-+@ Flashy Fake Martial Arts Move @+-

Heh, I still haven't made a deck with the card that's named in the title of this post, but oh well, one of these days, when I find a Second Wind and BugLaden isn't around to Belay Those Orders.

Anyways...

I've been updating the bot over the past few days. It seems one person is asking it a lot of stupid questions... well, mostly stupid questions anyways. Well, those questions now have the generic answers... I don't think it's worth while to program in the answers for questions like "What is cheese?" And also, the server move have been wrecking havoc on that. People who log in normally to the old address won't be getting the latest stuff from the new server. This includes things like Shepherds as well... of which there are still more people signing up.

Worked on Reversi yesterday... someone has been playing lots of that on the engine and I guess that's a good way to work out bugs. Only one that's coding related, the rest are mostly gameplay related. Anyways, I fixed that coding related bug yesterday and hopefully there are no more of those... but I doubt it somehow.

Worked on PAD over the past 2 days to get the Next/Pass button working. When I say 2 days though, I mean about 2 hours spread over 2 days. I have no idea why I was dreading it, but the code was relatively straight-forward and I got it done sooner than I expected. What I'm afraid will happen is that the next build of the engine will break it. Oh well, not much can be done there I suppose. Anyways, the Done and Next button is now available in the game so let's check on my progress for this month vs what I said I'll do.

I had: 1. PAD - Add Pass/Next buttons, automate Linda - by 31st October. Yup, done by today, with about 8 days to spare.

2. MND - change background by 7th October, custom cards ongoing. Yup, that was done ages ago.

3. Wildstorms - Complete setup automation by 10th October. Yup finished early in the month as well.

4. Borders - Add Reverse card by 5th October. Done a day later than expected I think, but nevertheless done.

5. Bowling - game to close testing 16th October, public 30th October. Nope, a week later and it's still not in close testing. I've been distracted by Shadows though. Bummer. Also, I'm thinking of doing a quick "no frills" distraction... maybe I'll finish it tonight, then I can continue to work on Bowling. I need to dig deep to find more motivation to do Bowling...

O. Add Go Fish cardbacks when available. Did at least one update this month for this.

O. Start Hyborean Gates scans. (Optional)
O. Complete Triple Triad scans. (Optional)

Nope and nope for those 2 things. Hyborean Gates should start in earnest next month.

O. Update B5 The Vorlons (Optional) I still have time this month for this. Let's see how things go.

OK, so only Bowling is outstanding from my list of things to do for this month, with Babylon 5 behind it in priority. Of course, that's after my bout with adapting the current distraction...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home