Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, October 29, 2004

-+@ Stalemate @+-

Well, it's almost the end of the month and things are going crazy around here.

I spent yesterday sorting out my LotR cards. I'm still in the process of soring them out though. The updates on mahasamatman has really brought lots of emails asking for trade. I posted a spare Elendil and a spare "cotton" ring and those seems to be the most sought after cards. Well, I'll wait until more offers drift in before I commit to any of them. I did commit to trading 4 cards for 14 from a guy in Malaysia. I hope I would not be disappointed.

They x'ed Shire Countryside, one of the key cards in my Hobbit deck, so I had to redo the entire deck. Got back to a Tales design that works in most circumstances, but it sorely misses the healing capability of the SCS. Well, I guess it's time to look at the other FPs. I've got Dwarves and Knights up to a certain degree I guess.

I finished working on the distraction for this month. Well, I might as well let the cat out of the bag and say that it's only a "no frills" version of checkers. No AI, no automation, nothing. It plays well though. The rules are also ready to be put up, once bug sets up the server space for it. He's probably having a hard time with the server move.

I also worked on Bowling today - being a full game that is going to take a whole lot more time than just checkers. The images are coming along nicely though, it's just the coding that I dread. It'll be a 4 player game on the engine, very much like Yahtzee, I guess. I haven't gone any further though so that would probably wait a few more days to see how it turns out.

Created a new Checkers forums. Also updated the plates post today. Not much happened this month to merit an upgrade, but some of the most notable items are:

*JC with VSS
*Martin getting VTES to closed testing
*Martin started working on MMASH

We'll also have to see if Bug will make any of the games public this month. I'm hoping he'll at the very least make ToJH public, but somehow I doubt it. I wonder how Thomas has got with Frank's Zoo. A couple more days left in October. Maybe Checkers will beat them to the punch... but that would depend on Bug getting everything ready.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home