Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

-+@ Pick Fight @+-

Dueled with Bug today on Portable adventures, won the first game easily and threw the second to him just to keep him happy. The engine isn't very happy about the way it resumes games or starts a second game from the end game lobby though, it's choking up in setup for me and it's doing weird things. That's something that has to be looked at anyways.

I had a talk with Mike Nickoloff about a rule clarification and the retort he came back with was... rather uncharacteristic of him. I wonder what's up with that. Still he did give me the rulings I need and he suggested that I do more work on it, which I guess I'll have to do at some point. It would involve interaction with adventures and encounters. Hmm...

Almost had a fight with Martin about VTES, he seems touchy about it. Maybe I should just leave it be for the time being and watch it all go down the drain because of the way it's handled, because I probably make it worse with my meddling. Well, it's going public sometime over the next week or two. I have said I'll stay away from the chatroom and I'll try to stay away. It might be nice to have a dedicated server though. It might also be nice to have a pacman or two answering all the questions - preferably someone who won't strangle the people asking them.

Had a long chat with HC O'Neill about Rage and her experiences running it as a fan and how we might emulate that for MND. There aren't a lot of parallels, but she was definately helpful as to how we might go about doing it. Hopefully the webpage that is currently being setup would be a good nucleas for it. Also talked with dartax in length about playtesting them and co-opted BobbyDoc to play with them. Hopefully we can get them accepted on the engine the way B5 was.

In other news, I adapted a Desert Lord deck for play on LotR O and took out a very very very nasty dunlending deck. The advantage was that I was able to hold him back early preventing him from taking too many sites early. It was an interesting game. Had a long talk with my stalker after that (my stalker being someone who'd observe all my games) and found out that he had a huge offline collection. Of course, not many people wants to spend that much money online though. It's still nice to be bouncing off strategies and stuff, especially since he isn't a power player (we both agree Elves-Naz are horrible).

I've been losing at gToons recently. Can't do anything to get back on track I guess. I'm gonna probably slip for the first time since I join down the rankings list. Oh well. Maybe it is time for a new deck after all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home