Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

-+@ The Wave @+-

Just came off an impromptu 1 hour tour of PAD and nobody took up my offer. Oh well. The week is still young. Ravage actually posted a message saying that he'd be more than willing to learn how to play YNDT... I wonder if he realises he'd have to pay to learn. Of course, I'm giving back games so that's the plus, but *shrug*.

I finally got the TR page up on my site. You can check it out here. I wonder how many people will go visit it though. It'd be interesting to see. Next up, Elder's Legacy. I've got to put in the text for those cards and post them up soon... that's going to take time though, time I might not have this month, but we'll see.

I've been checking up on DoA to see how things are progressing. I like what I'm seeing so far. Then again, since I gravitate towareds nipa (6n), it shouldn't be that much of a surprise. Birds of a feather. Still, it'd needs lots of work before it can even be playable. I can't wait to learn it though.

I also think Martin is getting annoyed with the number of people asking to alpha-test VTES... (and I mistyped it as VETS before it got edited out. Oops.) Oh well. They get to play it in less than 2 weeks anyways, for free, so that should be a good thing. I was going to suggest a FAQ to cover things like when it'd be available, what it costs to play, which sets will be in it, but since the VTES players don't seem to be able to read, a FAQ would be pointless anyways.

Bug was talking to croesus about Zinser and AEG last night. I wish I was a fly on the wall in that conversation. I wasn't though, the only reason I read it was because my spy network flagged the conversation for me. Well, I don't think I'll bug Ed about it. It's probably nothing. Still it's nice to hear we have a supporter in croesus.

Oh and Bug actually finished up all the things he was suppose to do last night. Mostly linking in things like rules and ads and stuff. It's nice though. nipa finally got to update WoT because Ed finally gave him the permissions to. Yay. First WoT update in ages.

I just checked the # of games played over the past 48 hours and PAD has 8. That's 8 more than last month IIRC. It's good to know that Ed is playing it. I think at least 5 or 6 of those 8 were played by him... heh. He boosted up the numbers for Dark Age and Yahtzee last month, I think this month, or this week at least, he'll do the same to PAD.

No bowling update yet. I really haven't got the time to sit down and finish it. I really need a solid block of 3 hours to get the game to a course playable state, but I don't even have that. Urgh.

Played gToons for quite a bit and got creamed by some of the best non-jawbreaker, slam decks out there. PPG and Justice League decks with the appropriate slams are definately stronger than my decks. I doubt I'll see a ranking increase tomorrow, even if I had a 200+ jump today. It's a pity though, I'm at 1300+ and with just a few more hundred, I'd have broken the sub-1000 barrier.

Didn't play much LotR because it's getting rather boring in between new sets. The strategies are pretty well known and the new strategies are... well, let's just say limited. Every combo-chain would probably get locked down fast, which is a pity. I did play a game with GRU - Gandalf/Rohan/Uruks and I finally realised why Invincible Uruk is so good - they are anti-archery, and with 6 companions, all your uruks are. Wow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home