Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, December 31, 2004

-+@ Snag Pass @+-

Oh, let's do the pretty pictures part first:



That's 3 of the Underneath cards I did... well, yesterday, since it's past midnight already. The other region I did yesterday was KT. So that covers the two rock regions after I completed the two "life" regions yesterday, and it brings the total up to 10 regions completed for EL. 2 more to go, let's hope that today I'll get to put Universal, Arderial and d'Resh to complete it. Thanks goes to Patrick (aka magimutt) who's been proofreading these as I have gone along and to White (thebigsquig) who's been very supportive of this so far.

Tainted Glimpses seems to be going on with a few comments already - Mark (Lord Pic), Daniel (dartax) and Patrick (magimutt) have all posted partial comments in the CCG Workshop forums. I guess that's their way of telling me to get my backside into gear and to get the cards up on the engine ASAP.

Played a game earlier with Paul (pedronic) and Chris (Rhapses). I was playing Human destiny which was a bad choice agains Paul's Minbari Home War. Chris was playing Shadow war with ZHD Awakened and Londo from The Vorlons. Long story short, I got up to 16 influence, then played the agenda that counts 2 destiny as 1 power for the win. Shadows was already up to 15 at that point and I had to sacrifice my only fleet to win, but it was worth it. It's always nice connecting with B5 players and building rapport with them. Hopefully they enjoyed the game and would stay for the long term.

Also had a long discussion with Andrew (croesus) about which group to pander to, to be economically viable. He was initially of the opinion that CCG W should pander to the big companies so that they'll let us do their games. I was of the opinion that we should instead make sure that paying customers feel satisfied instead. It is possible to do both of course, but sometimes, doing both creates a conflict and so one would have to take a decision. Ultimately, to make enough money, the customers should come first, I feel and I think I convinced Andrew to that same conclusion.

I played gToons and lost ranking points for a change. I don't think I'd be breaking the sub-1-thousand level anytime soon. Hero decks seems to be predominating and I think I shall have to reconfigure my deck to take them out. Played some LotR O as well, but I wasn't in the mood for it. OTOH, the Black Rider board has been up for a while now so hopefully we'll get spoilers soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home