Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

-+@ Lightning @+-

Not the grease variety, but rather the colloqual variety as in Quick as Lightning.



It's a bit intimidating to add in an entire set, complete with all the coding that it requires. However, as I have discovered with MND, adding in a few cards at a time doesn't seem to be that daunting. Hence that's why I've only added the first 5 cards of New Order to HumAliens. The next few updates will probably see piecemeal additions to the game, but then again, since nobody plays it, I don't particularly feel compelled to do everything at one go. The images above are three out of the five cards that got added today.

The PM purge that I started yesterday continued today, and I must say it was fun peeking at stuff that happened more than half a year ago. There's a lot of history on the site I guess, history that only a Nostalgia(c) like me would value, but nevertheless brings back good memories. It's a pity I have to purge a few of those though to make way for future PM.

Also updated the forums a bit - Thomas wanted 2 of his tournament threads merged (although he didn't exactly said so that way) and I did it for him in a more elegant way instead. I've made the Tempest of the Gods forum visible again to all registered members. There has been some interest in that so I might as well revive the forums to see where that goes.

I got contacted today by Craig Randall (skandall) asking about becoming a PL again. Hmm... it seems Ed offered him Judge Dredd, despite the fact that Eric is still the PL for that. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes there. Well, since Dredd is Eric's only game, maybe Ed is trying to get rid of Eric? I have no idea. I hope that's not the case. Craig though seems enthusiastic about wanting to be a PL. I suspect he just badly wants to get his own games online, and there is nothing wrong about that I suppose. He offered to lend his help to Firestorm. Would be interesting to see how things develop there.

Logan is doing funky things on the kit. It's interesting to see what he's doing, although it's going way above my head. Well, whatever he's doing is going to benefit the development of all future games, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mark was online yesterday, but I have no idea if he was working on Summer Camp or was just working on something else completely different. Maybe it's Sideshow? I have no idea. I can't wait to see Sideshow on the engine though.

Christoph added another 3 "expansions" to Star Wars. I'm going to guess that those are what I'd call "promo sets" - or sets that have less than 50 cards. He's really moving forward with the cards though and poor Timmie is so lost behind. I haven't seen an increase of Star Wars games being played though, so I guess they need to advertise it more.

Otherwise nothing much seems to be happening on CCG Workshop. Meanwhile, my gToons rank is still at the mid-800s which isn't too shoddy since I haven't played for a week, but I'm going to say that it'll probably hit 900+ after the weekend is over. We'll have to see...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home