Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

-+@ Corrupt @+-

Some days, like today, I feel like jelly that's thrown at a brick wall. Urgh. Not the best way to feel. There was a corrupt image for Bowling today, which is why I chose today's blog title, and Kari reported it to me. Took me about a second to realise that I've capitalised the N in gNet in an image name that defaults to all lowercase on the engine. Ah well, something easy to fix anyways. The game is fully playable now, but there's an odd bug with endturn, so I might have to change the way it's coded in beginturn. We shall have to see. I would also need to playtest the 2 player mode. I'm sure I've made a few sillies there.

Anyways, images for today features everyone's favourite little people - hobbits:



Well, I'm not sure if all 3 will make it into my hobbit deck. That deck needs a revival of sorts after the fellowship block is rotated out so that I can at least get it up to being competitive again. Lots more work there, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to spend on that.

So back to CCG Workshop, Bowling is in closed testing and I'm going to say that it'll definately be in open testing by the end of the month. It's going to lack the AI since I'm feeling the time pinch, but I'll put that in at some later date. Priority though will be going towards Portable Adventures, Hyborean Gates and Final Twilight.

I'm still waiting for Nate and/or Ed to tell me that Final Twilight has been licensed. Apparently that's where they are heading for... hopefully, it'll still be a one copper game thing because I'd hate to see it being in the Shadowfist-class... that entire class is just... a bad idea, to dress that idea down a lot, IMO.

Can't work on Hyborean Gates for this entire week since I won't be home. How do I get to blog away from home? Easy, a notebook with wireless access and some sweet hotspots in known residential areas. Look for the circle thing marked near the corners!

Christoph has started working on the next Star Wars set. I wonder how much Timmie is yelling at this point... I don't think he's able to keep up with Christoph, not with all the extras that are needed for certain cards to play. Shows just how much innovation Star Wars designers probably have, or just how stupid they are... or both.

I wonder how Summer Camp is doing. There was a brief outburst a few days back and now it's all quiet again. ShadowJump is taking quite a bit of time on this game, but then this is the first game he's fully automating as well. It's a hard job, automating cards. He's also probably busy with whatever secret projects he's working on and real life as well, I'm sure.

I haven't heard from Martin at all lately, and I did miss him when he messengered me earlier (Sorry Martin, I was watching TV!). I wonder what secret plans he has cooked up in that mind of his... as they say, an idle mind is the devil's workshop, so I'm sure he's not got an idle mind. Hopefully it's VTES related and stuff relating to VTES being made available for play, even in a limited form, to the public.

Thomas must be really busy with schoolwork and such, he's not even frequenting on here as often as he used to. Or maybe because he has a new love interest? Who knows? I wonder if anything is being done on Frank's Zoo though. I haven't seen any questions from him or his brother in a while now.

Tomi told me about a broken custom Doomtrooper card on the engine. It's pretty slick combo and has probably killed the tournament thing that Thomas is running. Funny though, and I see Kari as a victim of that card combo.

Are we getting new PLs anytime soon? I have no idea. Martin was saying that there aren't too many published games that we can still adapt these days the other day, as I've probably already blogged, and although I've countered that that is not true, the fact is those remaining games really have little to no die hards... but then again neither has games like Wildstorms or Hyborean Gates, so who knows? I'd love to see the cards for Fantasy Adventures, Tempest of the Gods, Ultimate Combat, Riftwar and the 2 Echelon games on the engine at some point in future, although not adapted by me preferably. Those aren't good games, but there's probably unique game mechanics in there that is not used by anything else. Two other CCGs I'd like to do at some future point are Scooby Doo and Wizard in Training, and preferably with a co-Lead to do half the work or something, but that's going to be way, way down the line.

I'm also beginning to wonder if Ed isn't too pleased with the Urland adaptation. Both Urland and Frank's Zoo has gone public and I haven't seen hide or hair (or board and card in this case) of the Urland expansion. I'd really like to get my hands on that to add to the engine, but I guess at the end of the day that's up to Ed to arrange.

The other thing I'm waiting for is for word from Ed about Igor from Interactive Ink. Somehow I doubt that will follow on as well. Oh well, the games from IntInk are nice, but not really suitable for the engine. Igor might be the exception, IMO. Anyways, I don't think I'll have the time to adapt this for the time being, so I guess it's a good thing that Ed hasn't got it yet, although it'd make me happy if he does get it! Heh, I guess I'm just greedy... or a masochist!

And for something a bit extra today, since I'm in such a mood... a where are they now section. The following were some PLs who's since left CCG Workshop for other pursuits. Here's the lowdown on some of them.

ChampionofSolaris - former BTECH pacman and sheriff/ghost, CoS, as he's more affectionately (or maybe not?) known has moved back to Alaska to work for a law firm. He's just recently got married (i.e. a few months ago, near the end of 2004) and is a regular fixture on the evenings that he's free on LotR Online.

JeffyD - former Ultimate Combat PL. JeffyD seems to be flirting from site to site, getting partially involved, then disappearing all over again. It seems that is his modus operendi.

chocobo134 - former Checkers PL. chocobo is now a regular fixture in the gEngine chatroom as he offers his regular thrice weekly HotS tours as a shepherd. He is also one of the longest surviving shepherd.

Well, this will probably be a regular feature on my blog for the future... there are always a number of former PLs to update I'm sure.

Didn't play gToons today, but saw my rankings go back down to mid-800s. That was freaky, the rate it drops so suddenly. I'm sure it'll probably go down more over the next few days. Oh well. I do need a better deck idea though, and probably some more cards to inspire me. It's a pity I can't even buy some the Pack 1 cards (it's Pack 4 now!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home