Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

-+@ Drought @+-

Writers get writers block, I guess I have what's known as coder's block. I'm so dry it's worse than a drought. Probably a coding version of the El Nino effect.



I did scans for the next race in Hyborean gates - Atlantis. Only 4 pages of them, which isn't a lot, but I guess I'm missing some cards. I have no idea what these cards do though, it's gonna be interesting when I finally get down to reading the rules.

Talking about dead games, someone offered to help me scan Highlander CCG. I asked him to do the rules first and I haven't heard hide or hair from him. I doubt that project will be realised soon, but there's always hope. He has also offered his Tempest of the Gods scans... something I doubt I'll get.

Since I'm on dead games, I was looking up Terminator yesterday to see how difficult it would be to adapt it. I think it shouldn't be too difficult, but all the myriad of scenario that it would spawn is gonna make me wish there was an easier way of doing the scenarios. I wonder if it could be merged with Contact or Countdown... there's a thought.

Bowling went public on the day before Valentines. Yay! It's missing the AI, but otherwise it's fully playable. I like it too. Sorta like a boring version of Yahtzee, but it's something to do when one is really really bored. I wonder when someone will go and score a perfect 300... maybe kari - he's know for doing crazy things like that. Anyways, it's the 80th game to be adapted for the engine. 80! Wow, that's a lot of games and hopefully there's more to come. I can't believe it's finally finished though, so it's time to move on to other things.

MND had the next two "regions" TG cards added on the engine. People are already telling me cards are too powerful. Transmogrification seems to be an early target since it's way too undercosted. I've just revised it today. Rewrites were coded in today for Phosporescense (too similar to aglow), Right Stuff (to encourage play by Gorb) and Disassembled Construct (mechanic was too complicated).

The MND tournament kicked off on Valentine's day. A few of the matches have been played so far with 2 being completed - I know of a third which was terminated because of a crash. Oh well, that's one reason why I have been trying NOT to organise tournaments lately - the inability to resume games. Really though, that should be fixed to garner more confidence in the tournament structure in future.

I played some LotR yesterday and today and people are already saying farewell to decks that will be rotated out by the end of the month... online at least. It's a sad time I guess since some of those people have been playing those same decks for years now literally. Oh well, shows how much Decipher can mess up a game by appealing to greedy economics.

I checked out the origins stuff yesterday. Apparently a "Red Tag Games" is offering a game called Endeavor. I wonder what that's all about. Hopefully we'll get a preview of it either on the forums, engine or on the RTG site. Meanwhile, Mark seems busy. He's got a Nodwick updated finished.

Christoph have been putting out a few more expansions for Star Wars, it seems he's gunning for a daily sort of release. Good and fine though, since Timmie seems to be reaping the rewards of that by playing more games. IMO the game needs a nice background to make the playing experience a bit more enjoyable... at least to the eye.

I haven't heard from Julien for a while, I wonder how's things going on with him. Things seems slow with Shadowfist in terms of updates, but play is now resuming to the normal levels, which is a good sign... I guess. It's a pity though that most of the players there don't bother *talking* with the rest of the players on the engine. Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home