Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

-+@ Vaporize @+--

Just like dew when it comes in contact with the morning sunlight...



No special points for figuring out those are Terminator cards. I haven't started work on this yet, but it will be the next "expansion" to be added to the AvPvT game on the engine. This will be the last published expansion. After this, there are the 2 unreleased expansions before moving on to the fan-made ones. I got Ravage to do a prelim survey at the scenarios for me - I had a cursory look at them earlier and I thought Countdown (with a few mods) would be enough for this game... and Ravage has confirmed it. So that should be what's happening I guess.

I'm scanning the next set of Hyborian Gates cards as I'm typing this - this time it's the Hyborian cards themselves. Each region supposedly has a particular good spot and Hyborian is supposedly good at attacking. I have no idea though. I read the rules a few days back and it seems very straightforward to do a no-frills adaptation of this game.

BTW, I have no idea how Martin can corrupt "no frills" to "no fries", but I thoght that was funny. Yes, Martin, I know you are reading this, you've been checking every 12 hours or so and I haven't exactly written anything for over 3 days... if you want to find something to do though, maybe you should create your own blog... or if you want to, we could start a blog with 2 writers... but as they say in Canada "Mon chien est mort".

Let's do the non-CCGW CCG stuff first. For those who even care, I didn't drop much this weekend, only a loss of 10 or som places down the ranking ladder, so I'm still in the low 800s. I doubt I'll invest the time to break into the 700s level soon. Played one game today, and enjoyed it. It was a fun PPG deck with no slams and we were tied on points, until I got the 15 for the colour advantage. Yay for me.

I have been playing quite a bit of LotR recently as well, playing against people who are suffering since two of the most powerful cards - Galadriel LR and Final Account have been banned in standard. I barely use the former and I can live without the latter since I don't run many Gandalf events and my decks weren't too much affected by it this time. Also, since the fellowship block cards are being rotated out online this coming weekend, it's probably the last chance for me to play with those cards. I know come next month, everyone will be making new decks and stuff since an entire block is being rotated out.

Project CHuckie CHeese is supposed to be playing our first game tomorrow for Secret Wars just to iron out the mechanics. I wonder though if the game will even take place. I haven't seen the cards that Chris has been designing and he's keeping mum about them. We'll have to see what happens there. Have I mentioned that I don't think this game will even get off the ground?

The MND Blue Furok competition, which I've retroactively named Keeper's Question #1, has just completed today. Mitch's design were clearly superior to the rest of the field and I had to pick him as the winner. Quite a few good entries though from the other people but they need more work to get their card design up to scratch.

The MND tournament went full blast over the weekend, gathering a large number of games. I have no idea how many exactly, but people have been playing with fun decks for quite a while now. It's interesting to see the enthusiasm they've been showing for the game. Hopefully enough people will play enough games to place in the competition.

Ed has made available a number of things available to PLs, one of which is the What's New column on the webpage. I've wasted no time to put up 3 sections, two of which deals with MND. Hopefully people will see the game, although dying, is not that dead. The third thing dealt with the public announcement of Bowling going public, which has been rather overdue. The other thing that is overdue is the announcement that Le Tournoi went public, but I'll leave JC to do that.

JC updated his info for Le Tournoi and I think and I can finally update my BGG list... if I feel up to it. Not tonight though, maybe when I get more time. Nope, can't even do it yet. Tournoi isn't even approved on BGG. I guess they haven't got to it yet.

Timmie has been trying to get a game of Star Wars going all day. It's going slow for him though. I wonder if he or Christoph have posted on the Star Wars boards. Perhaps not. I have no idea. I think I will stay away from that game for a while since those 2 of them are trying to make it, and I quote, the "best" version of Star Wars available online. Well, compared to Apprentice and PBEM, I'm sure it is. The interesting thing is Christoph hasn't added a new expansion for a few days now. Maybe he's experimenting with something. Well, it does give me time since I don't have to update his WGO on the engine.

The weekend has seem minor activity going on from some of the other PLs, with the exception of myself, of course. Tomi had a mythos expansion out, Logan and JC fixed a few bugs in Crypt and Rage respectively and Mark was hanging around. Kari and Thomas are still doing that tournament of theirs... apparently there's been quite a few "things" happening there. I'm glad I kept out of it.

Someone is actually playing Bowling as I write this. I have no idea what he thinks about it, but I don't see any errors on the screen so I guess it's going swimmingly. That reminds me, I need to do a screenshot for the game as well. Maybe a bit later... maybe I can get Thomas to help... and I did, but apparently the click on ball to roll code has got a few glitches. Oh well, back to the drawing board... and no screenshot as well.

I should really make a push to do Final Twilight this month... and finish what I want to do for it. I've been lazy though, could have done it over the weekend, but decided to do "other things" instead. Oh well, guess it'll just have to wait.

I'm downloading Duel of Ages as I write this... now... Hyborian Gates scanning finished for the time being, three more regions to go there, Orisian and Power Surge and Vortex Tactics and 17 9-card pages to scan in. Should be doable over the rest of the month. Anyways Duel of Ages, I forgot that I had access to it on another account... anyways, Tomi hasn't been working on it recently, but I can see all the rest of his hard work there. Should be an interesting few minutes as I peruse it.

Finally, this is the first reminder for myself to get ready the end of the month stuff. 6 more days to go and I guess I better get ready or get swamped then. This month is the shortest one and one with the most hassle as well. Heh. Or something like that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home