Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

-+@ Harpy @+-

flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz?



Art Credits:
Heno by Ransom/Nov
Star Orshaa by Zyglowicz
Kohea by Ransom/Nov

Those are 3 cards for Exodus Flight. I templated Beth's Star Orshaa today, today with 4 other cards (visible at the usual places). The other 4 cards aren't making the cut into EF... even Star Orshaa barely scraped by into the set. Heno and Kohea are two of my favourite images that Jeffry has done - it's a pity he doesn't colour with the computer, but oh well. The backgrounds on both are a bit deficient (blame me for that) but all in all, I think these make good cards.

There's also a huge debate about the direction of Double Jeopardy. Are they supposed to be "for show"? At the moment, yes. In future, I have no idea. I'm tending towards "yes" for that at the moment, but a lot of things can probably change my mind... 4 people have entred entries for it, but I haven't made up my mind yet which one to choose (if any) for the winner. Well, I suppose it's early days.

I haven't have had people asking me to adapt original games for gEngine for a while now. I think people are probably realising how hard it is to get someone interested. Rules, cards, artwork, game pieces and coding on top of all that makes it rather tedious. I saw a request on the engine asking for people to help code games. Ed replied to say that the PLs were busy. I wondered what he has up his sleeve, since he list his occupation as "student". Well, I hope he's 18 or above...


Oh, someone showed me a picture from Origins yesterday. It's the one above. I think those guys are playing Nuclear War or something. I think they are having fun too. I haven't seen too many reports about Origins, other than some people calling LARP Chess as "dorky", but I guess they are entitled to their opinion.

There's nobody on the WW server. Wow. Things must really be dying there. I wonder why that is. Could the players have gotten bored with the game now? Who knows? Hopefully, that means all the bugs are worked out and that the game will go public soon? Somehow I doubt it. Well, only time will tell.

I just updated the BOT thing. Apparently Doug has been at it again, misspelling words like "bored" and stuff. The funniest question I got was "Why is arderialite so weird?" a few weeks ago. Poor Mark. I wonder if he's still angry about the power escalation I added to Paradwyn and Weave with the customs.

I have a follow on to yesterday's topic: Which Children Fairy Tale would make a good CCG? Heh, that's so tempting to answer... maybe tomorrow...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home