Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

-+@ Total Eclipse @+-

It seems that's what MND is doing lately to my CCGW life...



Art Credits:
Sproutnik by Allen
Bog Stone Staff by Werner/Holmberg/Nov
Jungle Staff by Werner/Gillette/Holmberg

Sproutnik is the second all David Allen artwork for MND (the first was Tainted Peaks in TG) which I did a few days back and I think it looks good, albeit a bit out of place. Oh well. I did 4 relics today for TW, 2 for Bograth and 2 for Paradwyn. 2 of those are shown above. That means I'm up to 82 cards with Paradwyn complete and 4 more regions (Bograth, Universal, Nar and d'Resh) and 18 images left to go. I think I can finish up Bograth the next time I pick this up, meaning after that, all that's left would be Nar, d'Resh and Universal. Wow, that's fast. I didn't expect it to go that fast nor wanted it to go first, but since I was in the mood, I might as well strike while the iron is hot or some weird metaphor like that.

I managed to hunt down quite a few more images today, including 2 from Rich Werner and one from Whyrl. I was actually after a Bograth magi - found one that might work, but it'll probably need some work. I'm already thinking about drawing the 2 Universal images - an anchor and a harp. It's going to be a pain to draw, but once that's done, the colouring should go a bit faster, hopefully. Haven't even started looking at the Nar and d'Resh images yet, other than the fact that I need a magi for Nar. I'll leave those for later, since they are either going to be recoloured existing cards, or brand new drawings.

All TW cards are, of course, visible at the Custom Card site, and that site is getting more and more hits according to the counter. I hope that's a good sign. Hopefully, people are making their own custom cards and stuff or playing with the custom cards that I'm making.

Today is another quiet day. Pretorianstalker showed up for my YNDT tour on Friday, but there just weren't enough people to play the game - I had wanted to test it with at least 3 players. He's also trying to get the Doomtrooper league going, but I think he's busy battling the summer blues as well as people are going away on holiday and stuff. I wonder how that league is going.

A new month means new tokens and quite a few people have logged on to play. Star Wars still takes the cake I guess, since Christoph has been advertising it almost everywhere - on Decktech, on the PC forum and probably on the German sites as well. It's good to see players there I guess. Well, that's a good sign anyways. Apparently there has been quite a bit of update on the game as well.

I still haven't seen any cool Origins report yet. The only person who posted anything was Logan who mentioned that LARP chess is back this year. No news about the lockup or any madvogon stories. That's a pity though.

I got bored earlier and I did a search for gEngine with CCG. This blog returned like 5 results out of the top 20 or something like that. That's interesting, well, not really, but if 10 people were to blog about CCGW, then it could really spread quite a bit of buzz here and there.

I also bought my online Middle Earth Expanded Draft packs today. Some of those cards are nasty, but nice. Elf, Rohan and Gondor will probably take advantage of those cards once they rotate into standard. The images are nice, most of them are WETA produced and not movie based. I wonder if this is part of the "squeeze more out of the game before we go bust" strategy. Hmm...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home