Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

-+@ Bah, Shepherds @+-

So, I finished working on my blog to see that there are 3 new shepherds. Urm... OK... I wonder if they only signed up because they are running out of games... but let's see how far along they go. I had to tell them to sign up to the forums, to add them there and also made sure they signed up for their 3 games. Then I gave helpful pointers on how to offer tours, hold tours, etc. I also warned them that if they missed one tour, I'd be removing them from the system (since I was convinced that they were only doing this to get free games), so hopefully that would put "the fear of Novelty" in their hearts... or not.

One of them had a tour coming up so I specifically logged in with one of my other accounts just to put the guy "through his paces". I don't know though... why do some people think they can learn the game in one day and then claim to be an expert the next? He didn't explain the objectives, didn't explain the rules and just expected me to know how to play. Blegh. Also, he had one of the rules (and there are only 3 in the game) wrong. I had to correct him as well. Anyways, he's now doing his second tour and is cutting and pasting the rules, well, at least the rules are given anyways. I'll probably code to take out all the "undos" at some point and to tighten the play... when I feel up to it.

We'll see how that goes. nipa claims he has proof of my insanity... well, as I said in one of my previous blog - no sane person would ever become a lead, so by defination, a lead is someone who's insane anyways.

Oh and I also cleard the BOT questions. People are asking more keywords than full questions, so subsequently most of those questions got dumped into the "That is not a question, please rephrase" category. I don't know at the moment if that's a good thing or not though - both the fact that people are only doing keywords instead of full questions and that I'm dumping their answers into a generic category that gives no answer. We'll see.

And apparently today is the date of release of the preview WARS decks. Or so says someone who's a PL wannabe, but is sitting on the fence for one reason or another. He was very happy that Bug replied to his email (to Bug: Bug you should make sure you respond to your emails more frequently... people get happy when you do) and I got the blunt end of his excitement. I guess that's the downside of being "Novelty from CCG Workshop".

Yukk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home