Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

-+@ By the Rivers of Babylon @+-

Iraq continues to be in the news... I have no idea what about... mostly people dying and/or being abused and/or something. And no, the Babylon in the title doesn't refer to the city in Iraq, but rather to the Babylon 5 CCG... of which the latest fan made set "The Vorlons" is still being playtested on the engine.

Played two B5 games over the last 2 days... lost both, but it's not the winning that's important, it's the fun to be had while playing. Game one had Timmy (yes, that Timmy - he does pop up quite a bit in my posts, doesn't he?) playing with Ikaran Weapon and puting everyone else on a Conflict lock. Tough game that was, until I crashed out.

Played another game with Jason and Billy today, and well got hosed royally. I've got to revamp that deck to work better - Taunt and Games seems to have become my favourite card... and relaxation might fit in that deck as well. I'll have to see. Basically, since the Shadow war starts so much faster now, all decks will have to be retooled to take that possibility into consideration. Blegh.

Got the first 10 of the printed Elder's Legacy cards. They don't look too bad, but they don't look too good as well. 50 copies of each card - 4 from Cald, 4 from Weave and 2 Orothe cards. I wonder what I'll do with them. I think I might look for some other printer... this one seems to need to find a good cutting implement. They butchered up some of the cards.

Revamped my LotR O deck - removed Aragorn and put in Smeagol instead. Works better with So Fair, So Desperate, but I lose the flexibility of removing threats. Joined a tourney last night (or rather this morning) and won 2 out of 5 games. Not bad for someone who's only been playing less than 3 weeks I'd say... especially when I was playing in the tournament against people who had a whole lot more cards and a whole lot more experience than my 3 weeks worth of play.

No progress with Portable Adventures again. I really got to kick myself and get me to work on fixing some of the other bugs in it. It still needs quite a bit of work though.

Martin and stormcloak were seen testing Abduction and Frank's Zoo yesterday... hopefully it's ready for the public to play soonish too. I can't wait to see Frank's Zoo in action - it looks like it's going to be an interesting quick and easy game.

Did I mentioned I revamped the CCGW geek code yesterday? Probably not since I didn't write anything yesterday. It's now version 2.101 (I did a minor correction today) and it should hopefully be mostly up to date. It is a long document though. And just for the record, there are 66 playable games on the engine and a further 12 or 13 more in alpha testing, with the same amount in development.

And if you are looking for new developments, keep your eyes peeled for a new City...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home