Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

-+@ I Have Found The Perfect Mystery @+-

Aliens vs Predator is finally ready for a "soft launch" now. As promised, it's just a basic draw card/play card/discard card game at the moment. The cards aren't clipped and some of them are a bit out of alignment, but I decided that it wasn't worth putting in too much effort into a game that might not get played much and that might be removed by Paramount Studios who actually owns the Aliens vs Predator stuff. The rules got up today, as well as the missing images from yesterday and as Timmy pointed out the preconstructed decks as well. Hopefully that's all for the time being. Unless play picks up for it, it's going to remain a "low tech" game. I'll have to ask Jason if he could give me further suggestions for the game, since I know he plays it... I'll try and catch him when I next see him on AIM.

So now that the "Bronx Project" is completed, I can finally move back to Portable Adventures. I did talk with Mike Nickoloff today again for what's it's worth. Apparently he's a rather busy person and can't really make it to play on the engine. I don't blame him though. Well, 8 more days for me to finish Portable Adventures, quite a lot of time left, but I dunno, I've been working so slowly lately with the coding that it's not even funny anymore. Maybe I'll take it slow and do one thing at a time... I'll probably need it since some of those things have to be done one card at a time. Urgh. There goes the rest of my evenings this week and probably most of my weekends.

I also talked today to Mark about Sideshow and Crystal Authority. Apparently he's thinking of making Crystal Authority online for download to play offline only. I have no idea how he's going to do that. He's also trying to get Sideshow licensed. Sounds intriguing, but that would be up to Bug. Knowing Bug though, it'll take a while before he comes to a conclusion regarding that.

I edited the poll in the New Game Request forum and it sort of barfed up on me. The numbers are weird now. Anyways, with AvP out of the picture, Scooby Doo is leading the pack adn that might be a bit hard to get cards for though, especially with all the ultra rares. I wonder if I could get any of the Scooby Doo collectors to scan me cards... hmm...

Bug said he has a full set of Star of the Guardians and Ruinsworld. Both are supposed to be horrible games and I wonder if it would be wise to adapt either or both of them with the AvP treatment. Well, that would depend on Bug scanning the cards for me, something that I highly doubt would be speedy given his recent burst of "activity" on the engine.

Also had a PM from amarriner today telling me he's busy but will be back in the chatroom at some point in the future. I wonder what's going on with Sim City - I'd like to play that game eventhough I know it'd probably be boring.

I still wonder where are all the B5 players. There used to be 1 or 2 hanging around in the chatroom constantly doing nothing. These days though, nobody is even doing a driveby in the chatroom except for Billy. Perhaps there's a social stigma of being in the chatroom and I don't know about it. Oh well.

Got into my first LotR draft today and placed last out of 8. Drafted 2 good rares though and people are telling me that they make up for the fact I didn't win. Somehow I think they are just happy that they won.

This is the last line... but would I have the last clue? Challenge me and find out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2007 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will take the RuinsWorld off your hands if you're looking to unload them. Drop me a line so we can work things out.

    Thanks, Brent

    keeting_family31@sympatico.ca

     
  • At May 24, 2008 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    I'm stil interested in any and/or all Ruinsworld CCG you might have. I will buy it or trade for it, I was also looking for a complete card list. Please get back to me.

    Thanks, Brent.

    keeting_family31@sympatico.ca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home