Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

-+@ Do You Dream of Me? @+-

Hopefully the answer would be no from jackalope and scroogey...both of which have visited in the past 24 hours.

I got my X-men boosters and some (more) Hyborean Gates today. The latter being cheap on ebay. Haven't opened the HG stuff yet, but the first thing I notince about X-men was that it was by WotC. Meaning I had to remove it from Go Fish... which was what I did. So that's one game updated today.

I wasn't very impressed with the X-men cards though. Firstly, all the characters seem to be foil... but the upside is that there are more foils per booster box than anything else. The art is ugly. For a comic book franchise, ugly art = bad news. I'll probably throw these into a box and happily forget about them.

I'm also hoping I'll get the remaining of the super ultra rares (or whatever that rarity is called) from my box of HG boosters - there was a bonus 2-player starter decks thrown in by the seller as well, which I thought was cool. I'll open those tomorrow maybe... after all, I need to leave some CCG excitement for tomorrow.

Go Fish wasn't the only game that I updated today. The Bronx Project also had a minor upgrade. All I included were the background and the card back, but it does look rather decent now. Next up for that menus and scripts, then dice and markers and scripts.

Timmy moaned that his LotR cards were crappy... well, he got $45 for an almost complete set of FotR on ebay which might sound good... until you realise that maybe 5 or 6 of the rares there are worth about $10 each individually... so he could have made more money selling them off individually. Oh well. It's a bad time to be selling LotR cards anyways as people are dumping cards in anticipation of Shadows sucking.

Online though, I picked up some more cards to add to my collection. Didn't have too much time to play, although I wish I did. Some kid told me he spent $100 on a booster box and made $190 in return, so it does sound like a good way to make $$$, but I don't have paypal, so I don't really bother.

And I didn't do any Portable Adventures stuff today... I doubt I'll do anything on it this week since the Bronx Project is sucking in a considerable amount of time. It will have to wait some.

MND-wise, Pic is still trying to get artists - he sounds so enthusiastic that I don't really want to discourage him too much. Hopefully he'd be able to get good art for some of the cards for the custom set.

Set first, rain untamed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home