Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, September 10, 2004

-+@ When Do Pieces of a Broken Heart Mend Again? @+-

Sometimes things bring me crashing down to earth again, which is good, because floating away with my head in the clouds tend to make me big headed.

Forums updates are still going on. A shadowrun card now graces the Test Forum. nipa has got 2 Doomtrooper cards as suggestions for the programming and tech help forums, which I hope he'll scan for me soon.

I updated Hamlet today - it's now hopefully a bit more clever in that it recognises when one is out of moves. That should make things easier to play (hopefully). I also added in the errata the Mike Young had on the webpage. It's funny how such a simple game can have an errata. Not many people have been playing it since jaegerpenguin disappeared from the engine. Oh well.

Martin updated Tower Siege today as well to include the brand new expansion. The cards are really really good to look at. It's a pity the game mechanics is a bit MTG-ish and it depends a bit too much on dice... it's more like a dice game than a card game. That's another game jaegerpenguin plays...

Thomas is finally trying to play MND, after he decried it as having no strategy and "not his game". I wonder what made him change his mind though. It might not be as complicated as Doomtrooper, with the upteen expansions or as complex to play as Babylon 5, or even as good in multiplayer as VTES or as balanced as Netrunner, but it did had a loyal following and there are still people who wish to play it.

Funny story in LotR O today - I said "Salut!" to someone with a french sounding name and the next thing I knew, he was talking to me in French. Well, I didn't have the heart to stop him though, so I just went along and pretended that I understood what he was saying... I got the gist of it more than anything else.

I said Hi to Mike Nickoloff today, and he seemed rather grumpy, or at least he wasn't very polite. Then he logged off. I wonder what that was all about. Anyways, that put me off working on PAD for today (which was why I worked on Hamlet instead and got quite a bit done there). Bug PM'ed me about PAD today - maybe a chaser or something and I do really have to get it polished up by the end of the month... or that's what I tell myself anyways.

Oh and Valyrian edition of A Game of Thrones is finally out. I'm contemplating buying a pack of starters just for the rules and if I get to like it maybe to get a box of boosters at a future date. The art isn't really my style - it does remind me of MTG - but if the mechanics are good, I guess I'm going to be a huge fan of that after LotR bites the dust... if LotR bites the dust.

There's still no word on the King Anthology from Decipher yet. Most of the news on the site is about the just released .hack expansion - I think it's Incursion - and the upcoming release of WARS. It's not giving nervous LotR players any confidence in the game, particularly coupled with what people have taken to be bad news about the next set - Shadows.

Have I mentioned that Bruce has asked me to update the "final" version of The Vorlons? That is not getting any priority till after Portable Adventures is done, or that's what I tell myself. Still it's nice to see people logging in to the engine if only to grab the images for the new cards... but they'll be a bit disappointed since those images are clipped and aren't really complete.

Bug has just announced the latest licensed game - Barons of Fyn. It's a game I really should try to get an interest in, but I just can't somehow. I guess I'm more interested in weird things like bowling and triple triad and old maid. Well, bowling for next month that's for sure. And no licensed game for me until after the year is out. Hopefully some kind soul will take over Barons of Fyn and adapt it ASAP so that I could play it on the engine.

Would you believe that there is already a game on the engine with Barons? Think outside the box... square... grid.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home