Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, September 06, 2004

-+@ They Paved Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot @+-

So, I updated the images for Pygmy Balamant (which inspired me to choose that title... If you get bored, you should see if you can name the songs my last 10 or so titles have been from ...), Festive Furok and Reclaim for MND. Reclaim though, marks the last card for Elder's Legacy. I can't believe all 50 cards are up ... I wonder though if anyone uses them. Still, I don't suppose I can complain... next up, the remaining 8 of the Shadowsfall Promo magi which is going to prove even harder to get images for than the ones I got for EL. I might do a Wawek... maybe...

Had a wicked idea for a solitaire CCG on gEngine, but I'll need to develop the idea some before I get it anywhere. We'll see what happens. My other 2 original games are on the slow burner at the moment - Advantage is still very much undeveloped at the moment... and I'm much too unmotivated to work on Workshop, mostly because the mechanics aren't as good as I want it to be. We'll see what I come up with.

Veretax/Feret IM'ed me earlier today to ... I don't know... gloat maybe? about what WotC did. He was very distracted as usual, which is why I removed him from my IM list a while back and he didn't made himself rather clear what he meant about the things he said. Ah well. Some Americans are weird...

Some people have posted that they can't believe how fast VTES is progressing. Well, truth be told, Martin was working on it for more than a month before the announcement, and that may be one reason why. There maybe other reasons though. However, Martin seems to be really fired up about it and is running on all cylinders on the project. I wish I had his energy for my games... especially for Portable Adventures in particular - there's so many things I want to do for that game.

Oh and B5 might need an update soonish. The Vorlons have put in quite a few nice cards, but it's upped the power level some, and I don't know how that would affect the game. Add to that though the fact that Bruce intends to rewrite the rules... and there's already been some friction on it so far... I just hope things are smoothed out soon.

Are those the only 3 games that I'm focusing on? MND, B5 and portable adventures? That seems like it for the moment, although I should find that second win to redo Quartet and make it available at some point.

Talking about availability, Crypt seems to be nearing completion soon. A certain Mr. Graves must be coding non-stop on it or so it seems. That's one game I look forward to be added to the engine, if only because of the fact that it has so many new methods in there to "borrow" from. Learn from the triumvirate as I say.

Heh, I suppose I should explain the triumvirate at some point so it might as well be now. The triumvirate are the almost elitist trio of CCG Workshop ghosts who creates the most innovative games for the engine. They are sort of the Elders for the PLs and a three-man R&D department. Some days, even BugLaden gets coding advice from them. One of these days I'll explain about the LotR references in there...

And I didn't play that much LotR today... not very motivated to play since I'm out of fresh commons/uncommon Johnny ideas. I seem to be making a lot more friends than enemies there, and I think that's a good thing. Then again, not many people are threathened by this newbie, although I find my comboes being copied around now... or at least some of the more innovative moves... like the perpetual lose initiative/gain initiative move with play a tale, draw a card with red book.

Oh and red books... that reminds me... to go check something out... see if you can spot what I'm going to check on the engine. Adios

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home