Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

-+@ Timeline Manipulation @+-

Whoa, where did all that time go?

I had a holiday and did way too much shopping so I haven't got much done workwise on CCGW stuff. Still...

PAD and Bowling are still outstanding for the month. It's almost halfway through the month so I better buckle up and get moving on those games. I really should do a Vorlon update on B5 ASAP as well... way too much to do.

I got some LotR cards (physical, offline cards) in trade from this German guy who has had 2 other of his friends swap cards with me. I seem to be making an impression there that I'm a good card trader... apparently... well, if it goes by word of mouth and I get people offering me trades, I'm happy.

Got a few LotR Online cards as well and am building up an interesting deck. I think I'll revert to my Dauntless Haunter deck for the rest of this week until Saturday when shadows hit and 2 cards in the deck gets banned. I seem to have picked up an apprentice as well - Andorian - and as I watch and play him as he improves his deck and his skills, he seems to be looking towards me as sort of a mentor. His gameplay and deckbuilding has definately improved though. I hope to be able to pass on the combo playing method of CCG onto him... but he seems to be playing a timmy pumper deck. Oh well. LotR always ends up as a timmy pumper game.

nipa has finally "returned from Venus" - which really just means returned from a long hiatus. His absence this time was due to the fact that his own personal life has overtaken him and he was without internet access for a while. He seemed pleased at the new games that were added in his absence.

I tend to start these stupid phrases on CCGW which irks off quite a number of people. The other two that comes quickly to mind is "s**n" - which means and indefinate period of time in the near to not-so-near future - i.e. it will be when it is finished/completed/done, and "put on (your) ring" which is just an alternate form for "put on your thinking cap" (and the opposite term - "not wearing (your) ring" which means the reverse) . Then there are also the geisha jokes and the Naboo jokes, but I don't think many people will even get those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home