Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, October 08, 2004

-+@ Cyber-Resurrection @+-




That's the magi drawn by Jen Reed, with a Holmberg background recoloured for Core. I think that's the extent of my CCGW involvement today, making the 5th Shadow Magi for the Shadowfalls promo. I opened the Tainted Glimpses cardlist, but was distracted by too many other things, so that didn't progress.

I talked more with Mike today and we seem to be going somewhere. PAD is still undone although I have almost figured out how to automate Linda - I think Linda will probably go first, but not this weekend. I doubt I'd be here. I was also thinking about automating the Encounters... particularly those that affect the CP. There shouldn't be much of those and the only nasty one or two would be the one that gives negative CP and the ratling cards which are doubled under certain adventures.

LotR-wise, I've been retooling my deck for Shadows, not an easy task since they will be banning two of the cards in the deck - that's two cards I have to find replacements for, of which there is currently none. I wonder if Shadows will provide the replacements. Still, the Besieger half of the deck is doing rather well - it does have a fair share of rares, but not too many, the key cards being Uncommons.

The reason I've been so distracted is because I'm still uploading my site to the new webhost. It's gone rather smoothly most of the time, but there are a few minor hiccups, like when I lost my internet connection so I have to keep an eye on it. Also updated a few of the info pages to bring the site up to speed and I got a new counter for it, the same counter as I'm using here obviously, since I like the features that they provide.

Also talked with Thomas about German culture and stuff, this being October and Oktoberfest is probably in full swing in Munchen... the u should have an umlaut I think... so that's München. I wonder what CCGs they play there during Oktoberfest. I hope it's not Yu-Gi-Oh.

Kev made some talk about CWNB and SLUG to be done simply so that MOTM could get finished. I have no idea if it's just talk or if he's really really gonna finish either one of those games. I do know how he feels in part and I symphatize greatly with him... somehow licensed games seem to take a certain amount of ... magic... out of coding. Well, I wish him well and I hope he finds the second wind to go on. Otherwise, a cyber-resurrection might have to be performed and those are always hard to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home