Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

-+@ Second Wind @+-

So I finally plunked down some cold hard plastic cash and got my website moved over to a proper webhost with PHP and SQL and stuff. Spent most of today uploading stuff and trying to make everything work... haven't been very successful on the latter half. Still, at least the site isn't being ignore again. It's finally going to come back to life, hopefully, and get fleshed out even more.

So that meant that I didn't find the time to work on either PAD or Bowling, and I'm still struggling with which of the two things I should do first for PAD - Linda or Adventure buttons. So far, Linda is in the lead ... but only because it's seems to be quicker of the two to do, although it's actually the harder of the two. Go figure. It just goest to show that the easiest thing to do isn't always the quickest to do. Well, maybe this weekend. I suspect tomorrow would be spent on the website some more...

And while I'm on about PAD, I talked with Mike Nickoloff today about stuff. He seems really really busy in real life which is why he hasn't tested the game on the engine yet. That's a pity though, he should be trying it out and giving out his opinions. Still, he has his own life and I guess he's sticking to it.

Talked also with a bunch of LotR people in the Trade room about the upcoming cards and the new deck strategies. Apparently, they showed a card that is causing heads to turn... I'm too lazy to link it, but it's known by "Strider" almost everywhere else. There are claims and counterclaims and it's almost a circus at some of the LotR venues - forums, boards, chatrooms - about the card, and I guess that would make Decipher happy since it is generating "buzz".

While I'm on the subject of Decipher, Timmy (see how easily I work his name into a blog?) posted on the CCGW forums that WARS is out today (or something), to which I replied that it's a decipher game and will probably go down the "typical Decipher game path" (there should be a copyright symbol after that or something). I'm just surprised that Timmy is getting into this even with the foreknowledge about Decipher's practises. Well, the "early game" are always nice to play I suppose. However, I prefer the game near the middle of the Decipher cycle when it gets a little bit more interesting. Oh and Robo made a comment in that post as well. Quite a few firsts there, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home