Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

-+@ Chinese Zombies @+-

specially for Mark!



Well, there was something that I wanted to do for Urland that I didn't get to do it the last time I hand my head stuck into the code there. So a quick fix today, and it's done. What did I do? Simply automated the drawing of the Panic chip announcement. Now one can't cheat when the panic chip is drawn because it declares it to everyone (I hope). It needs to be playtested though. And the blog proves to me how important things are. While browsing through to get the cards for the 3 above, I realised that they weren't showing up on the engine, and had to make a quick fix on it. They are good now. Oh, as usual, the printed cards has really bad English translations from the original German.

I spent quite a bit of today culling MND images - got a few more Whyrl (Alison Strom) ones, including one that Mitch liked. I have also decided what's coming up after KQ - a promo set called "Double Jeopardy" and I can assure you that Alex Trabec won't be in the set that's for sure. Also did up the current scoring table for the tournament - 2 people have qualified, which is 1 more than last time, so that's a good thing.


The second of the Twilight War ads have gone up on the engine. I'm rather pleased with the TW ads - Distract garnered quite a bit of Wow-age when it was revealed and I think Doll (above) will be used for the campaign next month as well. Made two more today just for the fun of it. TW ads are fun to make, and since I'm in the midst of TW cards, I'm having fun with everything. I'll preview those next week, maybe.

Martin finished up Doomtown today, which is good. I finally get automated upkeep, among other things. I'm surprised at how much work has gone into the game. Hopefully the players will appreciate it as well. We need an online tournament of sorts for that. It's a pity that there aren't many Doomtown players who are willing to undertake such. Time to advertise about the new Doomtown and the new Pillar of Salt fan-made custom expansion, which has gone online.

And as to today's blog title, it's in reference to Mark's new game, Endeavor. It went onto the engine for private testing yesterday and Mark is semi-taunting me that ti will be on before Origins. I hope it will be so. It would be interesting to see more game online before Origins.

The Junior PLs have been rather quiet though. Timmie has been the only one that has made any waves by assuring that custom fan-made cards will be made for SWD. It's nice to see what started off with WS and SR is now being extended to other games.

Someone expressed interest in taking over Buffy today. I wonder if he's actually interested in the game, or if all he wants are free tokens to play his favourite game. Either way, it's up to Ed to decide what to do. His usual MO has been to wait for a couple of months or so and then revert back to them. If they are persistant enough and if they are still around, then they are offered the position. I wonder if it is designed to reward someone who's persistant.

Tony missed his WoT tour yesterday. Shameful really. I just deleted him from that slot. The 2 remaining shepherds are still "doing the rounds" religiously - I guess they just want to hold on to their unlimited supply of tokens. It's hard work, but I don't pity them. Compared to coding, what they do is a walk in the park.

Oooh, and I just remembered that Ed asked me to update the screenshots for Quartet. Blegh. That means I have to play a game with someone again to get a screenshot. I wonder who I can sucker into it. Oh well, maybe I should just offer some tokens for people who wish to play.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home