Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, June 27, 2005

-+@ Massacre @+-

I'm in the mood for some mayhem anyways...




4 Cards... Art Credits:
Wanderers by Alison Strom/Whyrl
Double Jeopardy by Rich Werner
Bash Brothers by Alison Strom/Whryl
Secret Lovers by Alison Strom/Whyrl

I made Double Jeopardy today, along with a whole bunch of TW cards. The other 3 were templated a few weeks back. I actually previewed Secret Lovers to Mitch Wyatt (aka Malovis), who then replied that DJ was going to be his favourite set. Heh, I can guess why - 2 Ard/Oro magi and a Nar/Naroom one. Those are all the cards in the set though - 6 cards, 5 of which have 2 different templates, and a promo to cover it. These small promo sets are nice to do though. They are small.

TW on the other hand has just passed the two-third mark. That's the easy mark. For my full 100(+) card sets, the marks are half, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 85% 90%, 95%, 98%, 100%. Takes about the same time to go from 0 to half and from half to 2/3 and 90% to 95% and 98% to 100%. It's because there are less images for the last few regions (particularly d'Resh and Nar, but especially Paradwyn and Bograth!) and that's tough. I'm happy though to have reached the 2/3 mark. 8 more cards to the 3/4 mark then 5 cards to the 4/5 mark. Those would start the tough bits.

Robert Hicks (aka Silver) actually IM-ed me today to talk about MND. I showed him his Chaos Jile and not only was he pleased with that, but he gave glowing praise of the whole of TW so far. Well, at least someone likes it. I'm sure more people like the cards out there, but they are just too scattered and too busy to even get together and play. Such a pity though.

I guess all this was brought about by the large amount of spamming of KQ that I did over the weekend when I added the cards onto the engine. So that means 2 sets (one of them promo) are on the engine after playtest - Elder's Legacy and Shadowsfall Promo, 2 more (again, one of them = promo) for playtesting - Tainted Glimpses and Keeper's Quest, and 2 more (another promo set here) in development - Twilight War and Double Jeopardy. This looks busy. And this is how things were when 2i were up and running. There's also Exodus Flight, Native Spirit and Ancient of Days, but those are so far flung into the future that I don't even want to think about them.

People have been going crazy with the new Bloodlines cards... lots of games going online with the cards as people try to feel their way around the cards. I've already updated two of my decks... bouncing hobbits / forest nazguls seems to be much hated by almost everyone, particulary when I get all the cards in hand and the hobbits run to 9 while the Naz scares people away from second moves. That deck is rare intensive though, but the staples in there aren't.

The other deck is my non-solo Smeagol coupled with Evil Men archery. Well, I can couple it with Besiegers as well, but since the Besiegers didn't get any new card (the only 2 new Sauron cards were Sauron himself and his staff), I'll pass on the Besiegers. What I am interested in is a good non-solo Smeagol with Gollum on the flip side. That should prove interesting, but I'll have to think about what cards are needed in that deck.

Kari has been busy with Gandalf yesterday. It didn't survive too well. His deck-building skills seems to be trial and error, very much how everyone else does it I suppose. I can't wait to see his Rohan/men deck though. That with Burden Naz might be interesting.

Tomi continued yesterday working away on his games. I was a bit surprised to see X-Files got an update over the night, but he's probably just doing things over the weekend while he can. Small updates, but constant updates anyways, to show that the game is at least being thought about even if nobody plays them. I should do that more often as well.

Joshua was asking about AGoT on the engine. Erm... no, I don't think so, but someone else has already made a AGoT client out there. I am still downloading all 115 MB worth of data. That's a killer though. He should at least package the stuff in smaller files or something. It would be good to learn how to play AGoT though... I've always wanted to learn that game. However, Martin cautions me that CoC is a game of who has the most Rares, so AGoT will probably be the same, but I hope not.

Ack! There's still people who's after me to be a Simon Cowell for CCGW articles. Argh! I definately do not want to read through 2 or 3 badly written article on games I have no idea what they are going on about. I have better things to do with my time. Really. Like making lots of grammatical and spelling mistakes when I type out my blog...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home