Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, May 20, 2005

-+@ The Big Top @+-

with the emphasis on the big.



Art Credits:
Jodst by urm... someone and colours by Scott
Nejza by Zastrow, background by Holmberg
Brynn by Zastrow
More TW cards, 3 magi this time. Jodst stands for Justin (not Zastrow) Orothe Darius Stephan and Tom, the members of the Magi Project and the region that they were going to start off with. Well, the Magi Project survives, if only in TW. The other 2 cards are by Justin. Nejza has his initials in the name, but you'll have to guess who the other people are. Brynn was named by Justin himself.

I actually sorted out the cards for TW today as well. KT is now complete with 8 cards, but half of those doesn't yet have images. I'll have to create them from scratch. Weave needs 5 more cards. Also ballooned up the d'Resh and Nar cards in TW - I think Nar needs 2 more and d'Resh 3 more. None of them have images though, I just browsed the unused ideas leftover from TG and incorporated them into the set. Artwise, it'll probably be photoshopped images from the old cards. Oh well. I'll have to do those over the next few days since I'm fresh out of TW images for the blog.

Today was a crazy day. I almost forgot I had 2 playtest on the engine. The Quartet playtest was good - found a few bugs, but they weren't showstoppers. Finished the game though and that's good. The funny thing is that there seems to be some sort of data drop for the 2 Europeans in my game. Oh well.

The YNDT playtest was a non-starter though. Not only did it report the wrong size for me, but it also did a weird number with the code. I can either rewrite everything again or get Ed to fix his code. I'm hoping for the latter. This affects not just YNDT but every game that uses those method to determine screensize, which is most of my games. *insert big sigh* Hence the title of today's blog. (BTW, it's day 20 and Martin hasn't guessed the CCG yet. He'll probably tell me it wasn't sold in France.)

Ultimate Combat went public today. Which means I had to do a large number of stuff - like move forums, check that the rules are there, ensure the game page is ready, etc. I edited the page slighty... well, more like formatted it rather, and updated the master plates post here on my harddrive as well. It'll go up at the end of the month onto the plates page.

Otherwise things are quiet. Mark is doing heavy duty coding of Endeavor to get it ready in 6 weeks time. Martin is finishing off Doomtown and is moving onto VTES. I must say I'm pleased with the Doomtown adaptation although I hope there's nothing broken with it. I wonder if Logan will surprise us with Sheboygan again, the same way he surprised us with Black Box. Who knows?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home