Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, June 06, 2005

-+@ Path Not Taken @+-

which is a rather cool title...



Art Credits:
Fukal & Mori: Whyrl/Strom
Stuff Twins: Whyrl/Strom
The Shapers: Whyrl/Strom
Double Jeopardy... now you know why it's named such. Dual magi all of them, and dual-region as well. I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here with these, but Alison Strom's artwork is just too good to waste by cropping them badly into 2 separate magi. Well, the first of these will probably go up in July as a competition. Probably, not definately. I have no idea where I'm going there. Made these cards a few days ago. I liked them, but they took quite a bit out of me. There are 3 more to go...

Mitch posted in the MND at CCGW blog. That is a good thing. The game is dying down for summer. Not too many has signed up for the tournament yet. It's still early days though. Also, I've got to put up the KQ Promos onto the engine for playtest soon. I hope people will enjoy seeing the cards they designed up on the engine.

I actually held a YNDT playtest and garnered a dozen defects. That was crazy. Things are broken again. Lots of things to fix. Hopefully I can get everything fixed up properly again to make the game playable. The people who played the game seemed to like it. Of course, the tokens I was giving away was a bonus to them as well.

Finally did the statistics for last month, and since summer is approaching, the numbers are on their annual downward spiral. Nothing much to do there... which is why hopefully VTES will reverse the downward trend. I totally forgot about the custom cards in SR and was told (off?) by Ed and Logan about that so I had to revise it slightly. Otherwise, that's like the second or third time in 17 months that I've been corrected I think.

The BOT has been quiet, I cleared out a couple of questions a few days ago, but I suspect someone else has been clearing off those questions as well. I'm also axing down the WGO and FPN to get them to something a little more reasonable after the glut of stuff that was announced last month. Things are slowly disappearing, which is always a little bit sad, but it makes the respective sections a lot more readable without having to scroll.

Ed has been busy trying to get the next build of the engine out. Make that engines. That's the normal engine and the White Wolf engine. I wonder how many of my games will be broken by the new engine. I hope there's none, but I'm sure some of the things that are introduced, or an existing method that's tightened, will probably find a flaw in my programming. Yes, my programming sucks.

Kev told me he still hasn't finished monkeys yet. I understand that it's a huge undertaking, but I'm sure that when he finishes it, it'll be really interesting. Can't wait to play that game, especially if there's a whole horde of people playing it.

Talking about playing, Billy turned up on the engine yesterday and we tried to get a B5 game going, but it was a no go since there wasn't enough players. It is a surprise to see him though, he seems less "vinegar"-ish than he was when I last talked to him on the engine. I guess living with David has probably smoothened him out or something.

Tomi is still busy fixing up his two major games - Doomtrooper gets quite a number of small bugfixes due to the large number of games played by the Europeans. They are getting a second win since they have discovered my playtesting sessions where I give out tokens. I also gave out tokens for the tournament participants and the eventual winner. So those people should be awash with tokens this month.

Mythos meanwhile has been played to death by Alex as he attempts to get the repointed adventures accepted. Those makes for a more balanced game, I suppose, but I haven't touched Mythos for a long, long while now. Apparently, Logan and Alex are going to meet-up at Origins to play Mythos. I think I'm getting jealous of that.

The Rage tournament is still going on. Only 2 games so far, and HC O'Neill has been in both. It's sad though that not many people are participating in the tournament. I did all the advertising on the CCGW site where I can, but I guess that isn't enough. Anyways, we'll see what happens there at the end of the tournament.

I've been playing quite a bit of LotR these days, only because everyone is comfortable with the cards now. About 6 more weeks till the next set appears... maybe the next time I blog, I should preview some of those cards. Anyways, I'm still catching people offguard with the stupid commons and uncommons, and I haven't been using a standard run of the mill deck for a long time now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home