Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

-+@ Whim of the Fates @+-

I think this is going to be the second month in a row that nobody will guess which game the titles are from. Hint: It was a game on the engine.



I'm getting bored with Bloodlines already, after only about 2 days of playing. And I haven't even been playing that intensively. Quite a few things in the set - a new card type in more than 2 years - the follower (like the chap Deagol is above), which I've explained in a previous blog (look for Hobbits) and their associated keyword Aid. Then there's the new term "Reinforce", which is found on cards like the horses (Shadowfax is a horse, although the bad cropping of the image shows more of the guy instead of the horse). "Reinforce" basically means, add a token to a card that already has a token. Of course, being the tokens set, all races got at least one card that has tokens. My favourite is Howdah. It looks fiendishly evil on first sight, but playing with it has shown it to be very tame.

As I said, I'm bored with it already. Have been playing bouncing Hobbits - Forest Naz and Non-solo Smeagol - Evil Men. Tried to build a Ring Bearer Hobbit deck, but failed because I couldn't answer all the questions (the main one being how to remove burdens efficiently). I'm already thinking of a So Fair, So Desperate deck, but that would mean adding Smeagol AND Gandalf which sounds like a no-no from my deckbuilding point of view, well, not for that deck anyways.

Anyways, LotR aside, I did manage to template 3 more cards for TW and continued plugging away at the gaps in the TW spoiler. Which is good because it means I've got 70 cards done now. 7/10. Not really a milestone. I still need images for 7 regions, including Universal and the 6 newer regions. KT has one left, Weave has 3 left, so hopefully, KT will be finished tomorrow (or the next time I work on the images) while Weave can be finished a week or two into it.

The 3rd DJ preview has been posted on Insiider yesterday. Hopefully it'll generate some buzz, and I hope it's not the negative kind. I haven't yet checked how many hits that page has got, but I don't think it's a lot.

Of course all the DJ cards can be seen on this blog, yesteday's lot of 4 cards were the last of the set. I just realised that quite a few blogs have been linking here, including Dartax's blog which is simply titled Dan's blog. I wonder how many hits I get from there.

I also talked to the newly married Mike Welling, who told me he's headed to Origins to work at the booth releasing Full Metal Alchemist. I have no idea if he'll be at the Bandai booth or the Joyride booth. I did direct him to seek out anyone with a CCGW t-shirt though, because those people are going to be one of the three ghosts attending - Kev, Mark and Logan.

I've been talking to Logan about getting me freebies from Origins as well. Well, not a lot of freebies really. I'm more interested in the photos though. If I do get permission I might post some of the up here as a picture gallery.

Finally downloaded the online client for AGoT. Haven't installed it yet. I hope I don't have to download 100+MB everytime they upload the client. Eeek! That's bad.

Otherwise, things are quiet. It's summer, people are on holiday... and I should be taking one as well. Where should I go?...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home