Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

-+@Left Right Left, We All Fall Down... Like Toy Soldiers @+-

I really have nothing to write today... and after saying that I'll probably churn out five hundred or so words of nothing in this blog... but apparently, I read in someone else's blog that I write everyday, so I guess I have my reputation to uphold. What I'll write about is something that would need to be structured and thought out so this could well be more than the usual ramblings... or did I mean that? No, I mean I'll be rambling more than usual.

Tim was playing Star Wars this morning. I reminded him to get a screenshot to post up. Also taught him how to login as an admin and handle defects as well. I hope he knows how to work the stuff there. Anyways, he's coming along fine... a year too late perhaps, but I guess his former mentor wasn't much of a mentor and now that he's technically mentorless, he's actually improving quite a bit... at least with the adaptation of Star Wars. Hopefully we'll see Hoth soon.

I finally got someone to play BattleTech with mmoran, which was nice. During it's heyday, there'd always be a BattleTech game on. These days though, you are lucky if there's a BattleTech game a week. What made the whole thing sweeter was the fact that Karatemuffins was a Shadowfist player. It's always nice to lure a Shadowfist players away from Shadowfist to play all those other games out there.

The other game that seems to be played quite a bit recently is MND. It's stats are on a rise, nothing meteoric, but still it's a nice change from the almost gradual decline. Todd is back and he seems to be coaching the new players, so hopefully in a month or two, I should get my backside handed to me on a silver platter if I should ever decide to play with those people. It's not as if they can't already do that, but after playing with Todd for a few weeks, you tend to become almost superman-like in your MND game.

Caught up with Welling today and asked about the cards that Liesik showed at Gen Con last year. Hey, if Liesik spoilt them at Gen Con last yer, it's fair game for me to spoil it on the engine as well. So... well, apparently Amara and Jory were in that list, so that's going to make my list. A few more other cards which have already been spoilt online.

And while talking about MND, got on Insiider and flamed someone while I was there. Hey, when in Rome... always wear clean underwear because you don't want to expose yourself when you wear a toga. Well, this was in a thread where an extremely cocky poster was having it out with a mod... and I just threw in my two cents to spice things up. It should be fun to see how things go there. I mean, even now some of the MND players are still talking about... and make sure you are seated... giving money to 2i so that they can print Traitor's Reach. Yeah right. Give money ... it'll probably go down the drain faster than a speeding bullet.

OK, that was a sidetrack. So where was I? Oh yeah, Portable Adventures. I finally figured out how to do Linda and Roger, but I'm way too zonked out to figure out logic and scripts. Maybe I should ask jackalope what tricks he use to stay up all night... Anyways, hopefully I can get something done this week on PAD - as a minimum Roger and Linda.

toon updated Judge Dredd today as well. Haven't seen it yet. That game just sits pretty there. I'm sure there must be a number of Judge Dredd CCG fans but I wonder where they are. Probably busy with real life as opposed to gaming.

And there are probably lots of tiny inconsequential things to write about - Ricochet's "Eureka" moment with Crypt today, Bug waking up early to try Tower Siege, jackalope playing a SWD game for the first time since... a long time and a lot of other miscellaneous things which will probably be of the same "blah" factor to anyone else reading this.

I wonder though if I can get counters for my blogs... that would be something to think about. But you don't need counters to solve the X-Files, although Scully and her skepticism would probably help a lot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At August 18, 2004 8:31 am, Blogger Jackalope said…

    New template? Nice.

    You take things a bit too seriously. I happen to think you post more regularly than I. Deal with it.

    I'll be getting back into SWD, iff Tim makes the opponent's card counts readily visible.

     
  • At August 19, 2004 12:41 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    Sorry if the sarcasm doesn't convey too well on my blog, but whatever you think really doesn't really bother me. The comment was more to fill up space than anything else.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home