Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, September 27, 2004

-+@ And in My Mind I Live a Life that Chills Me to the Bone @+-

Spent today talknig more than anything else.

Talked to Greeder and discovered most of the Dark Eden players were Polish, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise since they've probably reprinted every CCG into Polish. His English was rather good, but I didn't talk much with him. nipa was around and built rapport with the guy.

Goofed with Kapa about some finnish pronounciation today. He can be good if he's given a task to do, but I guess someone would have to tell him what to do and supervise him a bit. Heh, I guess that's where nipa comes in.

And poor nipa would have quite a bit of catching up to do. First there was the huge (OK, I exagerrate) Mythos complaint and over the last 24 hours the Access Denied fixes. Heh, I should have told him it's his homecoming present... or is that homecoming punishment? Those 2 games will feature on his priority list, but he's got his hands full with his other games as well. I don't envy him.

Well, this is the first time that I've checked and there are no more Babylon 5 games in progress on the engine. It must have lasted over 24 hours where everytime I checked there was at least one game. It's interesting to note that though. I wonder how much of it is due to the fact that the Vorlons is only available (mostly) on the engine.

I'm still learning how to hack into the engine and do things. I've got a few proposals in the wings that I'll have to clear with Bug. The last thing I'd want to do though is to slow down the loading of the forum or to make it too cluttered... I think the card back idea although good, is already giving it a cluttered look... well I don't have to decide now I guess.

More people were asking about VTES yesterday... and since Kev and Logan were handling them, I didn't get involved. It's good to have not one, but 2 other ghosts on while I'm on - it does give me a break from dealing with all the rift raft and the motley crew. Well, if all goes planned it'd be an October private test... if not public release.

Classic Concentration still hasn't been made (or remade?) public yet. I thought it was ready. Hmm... hopefully, it won't take about a month to do so like what happened to Crypt.

I wonder when the next licensed game would be announced. That sounds like an interesting game... which one, I can't divulge. The thing is that all parties on that announcement has to be in agreement about it before it goes public, so I guess that takes time. Hmm...

The end of the month is approaching and I'm dreading it. On the one hand, I'm almost resigned to the fact that I won't be able to finish what I wanted to do for Portable Adventures this month, but that in no way makes it unplayable, just a bit more clunky. On the other hand... yay! It's the end of the month. Or not. I've got to prepare the list of games that would probably get assigned to the featured games, I have to write up my end of month report - I think I'm the only person still doing that on monthly basis and I have to clean out the plates post, hopefully the last one won't need too much attention. We'll have to see. Maybe I should take it easy next month and reschedule the rest of the year for a "lite" schedule. After all, I'm sorta swamped these days with the other engine admin work. It would be nice if some kind PL would take up the slack and offer to help out on the BOT or something.

I'm seriously considering doing a "no frills" version of Hyborean Gates as well. It seems to me that that is the way to go until the playing-ship picks up. The problem I seem to be afraid of is that most new players would have slow machines that would be more liable to crash the game if it was more complex. Granted, crashes do occur with the "low tech" games, but they don't seem to happen as often as the more developed games. The other plus of course is that (other than Timmy, who doesn't really count because he's such a nitpicker) AvP hasn't had many major complaints so far. I'll see how that goes.

Half then half again to get the whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home