Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, September 24, 2004

-+@ I May Not Get Applause Every Night @+-

Urgh, I typed out a post and it got lost. I don't think I want to do the whole thing again, espcially after spending about an hour on it, so I'll just get through the points quickly.

The big news today for LotR is that the changes to the X-list in two month's time was announced. 3 Hobbit cards were removed an a bunch or other cards, but Shire Countryside is not on the list, much to my amusement. The good news though is that we would be getting the cards a month early online, so the X-list will kick in then. For those not in the know (and I apologize if this really doesn't interest you), the X-list is the list of non-tournament legal cards. The buzz is that there might be a new Hobbit companion, which would be good news of sorts. I don't mind if that companion turns out to be Frodo - it'd be good to have a non ring bearer form of him.

As for actual gaming though, I went back to my old, tried and tested deck since 2 of the cards on it would be X'ed when Shadows is released. Might as well get my money's worth from those cards. I also worked on KnightRaiders. I need to read the cards though because I seem to be putting in useless cards there. Oh well. I suck at the game, but then again, I'm not a Spike player... being your typical Johnny, I'm happy to pull my combos off and that I do very well with my Hobbits.

Non-LotR wise, I started a game of B5 today with 2 other European players. We didn't get to finish because of time constraints and they were going rather slow, but it was fun. We had 2 NA players and most of the time I was competing for characters with the other NA player. I don't think I would have won, but it'd be interesting to see how a NA B4 deck goes.

I was supposed to work with PAD today, but Thomas hijacked me with some Mark Twain stuff (no, not Shania Twain) and I got lost in it. Also! Anyways, he (Thomas) seems to be still working rather hard trying to get FZOO public this month. I hope he does get it done.

I didn't work on PAD, but I did work on the forums today. I was surprised to see that there are almost 100 forums available to the public... and I have more hidden forums of course, waiting for certain announcements to be made. I am starting a database offline just so that I can know what's what because as it grows, it's going to get even more harder to maintain.

HP Lovecraft = Mythos, Robert Jordan = Wheel of Time, but can you name another author (not comic book author) with a CCG on the engine?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home