Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

-+@ Don't Give Up On Me @+-

Weekends are always busy and today is no exception. I'll run through quickly the related stuff for today:

Someone asked in the chatroom to play Portable Adventures. There weren't too many people around though so he got ignored for most part. I wish we had more people around and stuff. It would also be good to organise some sort of leagues for a few of the games.

I worked on Portable adventures today - got the stuff cards which rolls during an adventure to work. It actually is much more simpler than I thought it would be so I finished it faster than I thought it would take me. So there's only Linda and the adventure phase pass/next buttons left... I've thought of a simple yet elegant way of handling Linda but I'm not sure if it'll work. I'll have to think further about it. I might also leave the pass/next button for the next build, in which case the game is almost as close to done... besides these two issues and the encounter cards, it's good to go anyways. Sure, it could do with some condition and legality checking and it'd be nice to have a play stuff directly onto character thing, but that's a bit advanced and could be done some other time. I've sent an email to Ed to let him know he can announce it as being in Beta now.

Played LotR today - well, one game and my Gondor deck took out a weird Southron minion deck. My threatening Southron archers wasn't too shoddy against a move 3 sites a turn Gandalf deck - red wrath was good there, and fierce archers at 11 strength was a bonus - 2 woulds a turn. They won't stand up against Elves though, which is my main concern, and my Knights/Forts won't be able to survive a Saruman's Power, but since that latter card is getting X'ed, I'd reckon Gondor might survive more after Shadows... we'll have to see.

Concentrate! It's classic memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home