Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

-+@ Through all these Shattered Emotions, there's a Lesson to Learn @+-

Where do I even begin? Chronologically might be best.

I finally had a look at the Tainted Glimpses cardlist for MND and finalised the 6 Arderial cards going into that list. I'll have to create 3 of those images, which means my work is cut out for me I guess. Still, 3 is not that bad. At least I know Arderial will have all cards in that set. Next up Bograth.

After that, I fixed Kings so that it closed out all the known loopholes. It plays better now IMO and I know that quite a few people have been playing it recently. I had to get Martin to help me out with the translations and it was a good thing he was around.

Quartet is finally back up again, not with the new things I had imagined, but with the old game minus a few cards and the addition of a few new cards. I'm still not sure if I should put in much effort to maintain this game. Still, it's a game and it's up. Hopefully, that together with Go Fish will form a good basis for the engine version of "Old Maid" or whatever politically correct form it gets transformed to be. With those 3, that "family" of card games should be complete.

Go Fish also had an update today - I had to put in Echelons of Fury into Quartet, so I decided to add the corresponding card to Go Fish as well. The Fury cardback isn't ideal, I got the box image from BGG and I superimposed on the Fire cardback, but I don't think the results are too obvious anyways, unless one looks at it with a magnifying glass (or the electronic equivilant), so I let it pass.

The forums had a minor update, and I also updated the BOT. I'm still amazed at the number of questions that get asked with typos and/or as single phrases where the answers could be anything. Well, maybe I should give 42 as the answer the next time.

I also played a few good games of LotR O today and had fun. Well, considering that I've spent a small fortune on it, I better have fun for quite some time. Haven't been motivated to build new decks, but I'm working on a good monoculture deck. No news from decipher if they the RotK Anthologies is being released on schedule. I do need to make an order from cardhaus soon and I'm waiting for that to get into stock before I make the order.

Didn't get to talk to Mike Nickoloff today. I think he's probably scared of me. Oh well. Didn't work on Portable Adventures as well, although I'm thinking I should sometime this week. However I think I'll work on Hamlet first, because that really should get some stuff done.

I sent Bug the Iron Maiden images - whatever that's done for playtesting anyways and the Firestorm text. I wonder if he'll have time to work on the images for some sort of playtest on the engine. That would be nice. I might have to see to it at some point when I'm even more fired up for Portable Adventures than I am now.

I also asked Bug to make Abduction public. That game is so cool to be played with. I have no idea when he's going to do that but I hope it's soon.

And ideas? Did you know that there's something from the house of ideas on the engine?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home