Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

-+@ It's Hard to Sleep at All @+-

Yes I know, this seems to be turning into a LotR site by the day as I continue to post the spoilers... but I'm excited about them and I figure out that people who read this has put up with everything else, they'll just have to learn to put up with the spoilers as well.


Well, it's a site of course, but it's also the first (sorta) Hobbit card to be shown, so I guess I'm a tinsy bit excited about this. The new site path seems to be going back to the Middle Earth thing where you get to move around on the map in any direction you choose. There were 3 other cards spoilt today, but I'll be merciful and not post everyone of them here.

Yes, I did play some LotR today, nothing special... People are still awed by my fellowship/hobbits which is a good sign that the copycats have gone back to their own styles of play. After all, I don't think there are many Johnny swarmers out there (or enough of them that would take a risk) with the kind of deck I play.

The only thing I did for CCG Workshop was the monthly report dated the 27th, which was when I started drafting it... apparently the blog treats the date that it was created as the time that it was published. Oh well. Quite a lot of things happening there I guess as I try to get back into the coding "lifestyle" next month after a rather relaxing September. Hopefully, it'll give me the "oomph" to get Bowling public and Portable Adventures done.

Tomorrow, of course is the last day of the month, which would mean I'd be busy calculating the statistics of the games being played and suggesting to Bug which ones to make featured. I guess that would cut into coding time so I doubt I'll do much coding tomorrow. Oh well.

I was opening my Sim City boosters today... I must say the cards are bad, but the idea of the game is... intriguing. I guess one either love it or hate it and in my case, well, I haven't seen enough of it yet, but I'm tending towards the "like" part of the spectrum of emotions.

B5 had another busy day today as people hung out in the B5 room and taught newbies how to play, etc. etc. etc. The game has really jumped in the games played stats and it's starting almost a mini-revival. The last time this happened was when Anla'shok was added, so I guess this is a good sign. I'll give them a month or two (and that's being generous) before they tire of it and move on to something else in life.

MND seems rather dead by comparison. The players are back in college, but they haven't been showing up to play. I guess schoolwork and real life are probably more important at this point in time. A recent conversation I had with Stephan seems to confirm that his playgroup too hasn't met in a while.

Gotta run... oh and more Shadows tomorrow (hopefully)!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home