Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

-+@ Something's Wrong In Heaven Tonight @+-

Well, I don't want to leave people high and dry, but there really isn't much to say. I've been busy with real life (and just for those who know, it's the mid autumn fastival today, which I suppose is the equivalent of the American Thanksgiving) and haven't had much time for CCG related stuff.

Having said that, they did release this today:




The other 5 rings available are also there in the above. Notice that this is the first ring to give resistance, a new mechanic in Shadows. Also note that this will probably get called the "earth" ring, after the "fire", "water", "grass" and "snow" rings. All LotR needs is a "wind" and "heart" and it'll be able to summon Captain Planet.

I had a talk with Bug last night and he agreed in principle to adapting lesser played abandoned games as "no frills" so next on the list would be Hyborean Gates. I wasn't really looking forward to working on a full version of HG, bearing in mind the mechanics are a bit ... silly, but a "no frills" version will allow the players themselves to play whatever variant of house rules that they wish to play.

I probably won't finish what I was suppose to do for Portable Adventures this month, and that would cascade down next month. Bug doesn't mind, since the game is already fully playable, and it's just minor refinements that I'm making. It'll have a huge impact on the October schedule though - HumAliens will probably be pushed back even as Babylon 5 will be brought forward to be on standby. Bowling is scheduled for public next month. Triple Triad will probably be pushed back further to December... I'll have to post the progress report at some point.

What's next after this? Well, there's still that poll running on the new games request - Scooby Doo seems to be in the lead although I doubt I'll be able to do it since I lack the base set worth of cards. Also I think I've decided which license game to take up (first) next year, but it would probably be like one of the two licensed game I'm picking to work on, if for nothing else to keep my coding skills sharp. Next year would probably see more "No Frills" games coming out of the pipeline and they'll sit dormant till some attention is lavished on them by the player pool.

Oh, almost forgot I got my Sim City boosters today... they cards look interesting, but people have told me the CCG is only barely OK, so I have no high expectations. I can't wait for Aaron to get it onto the engine... hmm... maybe I'll tell him "No Frills" is OK :) And if you need to move your stuff around the city... look for a truck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home