Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

-+@ Hang With The Kids @+-

I can't believed I spent 4 hours working on something as simple as the mulligan script in WS. I think I was the one who was making it more complex than it should be, but I do want to ensure that the code is robust enough not to do anything stupid... like draw the wrong cards. Well, it's done, it's working and it adds quite a noticable amount of lag into Setup, but the good part is that it automates most of setup. The last part, I'd have to wait for Bug to fix the turn order thing.

Also worked on MND today, but on the custom card design side. Got 6 more regions defined for Tainted Glimpses, which is good. So that's 7 regions and about halfway through the set. Still waiting for images for 6 of the Shadow magi... and I would have to cobble together the Nar and KT images as well at some point... well, maybe later in the month or early next month. Have been working with Mark Pic to get the EL promo done. We were throwing ideas back and forth the past hour or two with little to no result, which is a pity. I'm also picking Tim R's brain about what Liesik spoilt at GenCon 2003. Hopefully, it'll result in more cards being made available to the public on the engine.

LotR... had more orcs today, but I think I'll put in break here and not show any images. Played a quick game online - my first culture shock, and decided that the hobbits I play with can't survive without Smeagol. Ah, poor hobbits. Still, people there seem to be rather ignorant of the upcoming changes and the new cards that have been spoilt and I've been trying to raise awareness there. Heh, LotR players are probably one of the more lazier group of people I've met. Also talked with Timmy (yeah, that Timmy, I haven't mentioned him for ages now...) about LotR and the cards he's selling. He seemed to have spent a fortune on it.

I also grilled Timmy on Hoth as well, and he's his usual self on that. At least he's mindful of it.

Oh and Woolfie seems to have completed his custom Sailor Moon set. I think he's getting images and very soon, he'll be programming them into the game. That would be something interesting to see, considering the fact that he hasn't updated the game for a long long while now. I hope he remembers how to update the gML.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home