Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, October 04, 2004

-+@ Stars in Alignment @+-

Nope, no Wildstorms update for those who was expecting one, things just didn't line up for me to do them. I know I was supposed to do it and I even though about how it could be done, but when the push turned to shove, the tough gets going...

I did update the AvP rules so that they now link to the correct scenarios... and as Ravage pointed out, a location deck would be required for most other scenarios except for contact. I guess contact is what people will be forced to play for a while then since I don't really have plans to add in a location deck, but I guess that will be added sooner or later... hopefully sooner... and hopefully by someone else.

I also prodded Martin about VTES not having any development infomation made public for 2 months so hopefully he'll post a screenshot or something. People don't realise that it takes ages to adapt a game, particularly a full version for a licensed game. Sure, one can do a "no frills" version like AvP in a day or two, but as the players are finding out, such a version isn't "fun" to play at all as it'd probably be missing huge gaps like AvP currently, but hey, AvP's still playable.

Have I mentioned that Logan has been busy on LMS and Crypt? A lot. More than usual. That's considering that he's got real life and things are "going South" for him, literally as well as figurately. He's also got an important date coming up - I posted a card manip on the forums which he enjoyed. Heh.

Besides Martin and Logan and (sorta) myself, I don't think anyone else is actively coding games. Thomas seemed to be stuck on Frank's Zoo, although with a bit of help he could get it finished real soon. Tomi still hasn't got his internet connection setup yet and Kev as usual hasn't got much motivation to code his games these days. Tim seems more interested in selling his LotR cards rather than workin on Hoth, the next SW set, which seems to be a pity, since there was demand for the game about a month back when ANH came out and he didn't follow it up. Oh well. So we're practically stuck with 3 game coders (if you count myself and T & S has half each) and we still produce as many games as we have been doing when there were at least triple that amount of game coders... which I guess is surprisingly. Hopefully, Tomi and JC will come back to the coding fold soon.

Oh, I haven't mentioned why I didn't work on WS today... that's because I was sorting out my stacks of unsorted cards. There's Sim City, which I finished opening yesterday, then there's a while stack of X-Men cards, Hyborian Gates, which I just dump into a box (but I'm still waiting to get a good card box, so they are sitting in a pile at the moment), the custom MND cards (and I had to get ready the package to send to Stephan), the commons and uncommons from Mount Doom (while I sorted out the cards to trade with some german guy). That took up most of my coding time today. Well, another day won't hurt WS too much I suppose. And given the fact that I'm more likely to break it than add something new...

I'm almost LotR'ed out. Played a short game and won because I raced to 9 and killed off all my hobbits. Hobbit sacrifice works, although I'm more reluctant to do it. I've got to learn how to play ruthless sacrifice like I do with MND Cald. Anyways, let's show some Shadow cards just to fill up the space and make this post pretty...


Aragorn was the one released today along with 3 other cards and there are people talking on the Decipher forum about his picture, how big his chin is, how fat he looks, etc. I should be glad it's not Legolas and I don't visit a Legolas forum. 13 more days to go for the online release of Shadows... and counting.

Well, it's raining here so I have no idea if the stars are in alignment... but at least I know the cards I just posted are in alignment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home