Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, March 28, 2005

-+@ Collar of Despair @+-

Right... despair round my neck... as if I need more doom and gloom in my life...



Art credits from left to right: Burke, Nov, Burke. These are TW images, if that set is even going on ahead. No idea there. Also, there's been 2 votes for the name of the set after Twilight War. Ancient of Days and Eventide is neck to neck there, but it's still early days yet. Will there be a set after Twilight War? Ask me that if I start working on Twilight War in ernest.

I worked on some of the images for Exodus Flight yesterday. The results of Fog Crij can be seen on MND at gEngine blog. I think it looks better than what it was. Also did up Kiradan and renamed Stardust to something else more appropriate for the image. Previews will be coming along soonish I'm sure.

No MND tournament games today, eventhough the game is featured. Instead, people have been going crazy playing games and I think MND is going to give Shadowfist a run for its money this week. Or maybe not. Who knows. I'm getting ready for the next Keeper's Question already... 3 or 4 more days before it's open. People are going to want to win those tokens hopefully, which is still currently at 5 coppers. Not a lot, but now that the free monthly tokens has been dropped to 5 total, suddenly 5 coppers seems rather attractive.

I played and won for the first time in a game of Catan (that's Settler's of Catan for those who are wondering). It's not too bad a game, but nothing as exciting as... say Dark Eden. Yeah, Dark Eden seems better somehow to me. Hopefully the Shepherd will get more people to play. Hopefully.

I had to do quite a bit of work on the forums today to keep it up to date I guess. This all started because Mark is taking over Monster Rancher. That started me on a path of modifying a few things down the road that needs to be done and the forums are a bit more streamlined for a few people. And yes, Mark is taking up Monsther Rancher, a CCG after his recent bouts with card games. I hope he'll enjoy it. He was also adding the new attachment stuff to GRfOS today which was a bit hairy, but I think he got through all that.

Tomi has gotten a partial spoiler for Heresy now. Hopefully he'll get a full spoiler before the day is out for him. He's also uploaded the new AD screenshot to the server. I haven't seen it yet because it needs to be linked up, but hopefully he'll do it soonish. He's also been busy working on Doomtrooper... and ToJH.

Only 3 people turned up for the ToJH tourney today. Not much of a tournament if you ask me, but I guess 3 is better than none. The results are still unclear if Doug or Frank won, but they sure seemed to have fun. A few crashes here and there and a game report by Doug on the forum seems to serve the game well. The biggest loser? Ed, who has to give out 35 tokens while only 9 were used. Sorry Ed.

Myself, I played quite a bit of LotR today. Non-solo Smeagol with Evil Men Archery was interesting, and the usual Dwarve n Bes deck ploughed its way to site 9 with the Dwarves running. Those legs may be short, but they do run fast. Otherwise though it has been a quiet day. I hope to get some HumAliens stuff done later, as well as the d'Resh eXodus cards. We'll see how much gets done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home