Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

-+@ Dessicate @+-

That's drying out for those who don't know what it means. Sort of like me and ideas.



As usual, artwork credit: Whyrl, Whyrl, Santana/Tate. That's 3 fan made artwork there. Whyrl is still busy doing stuff on her site which is where I found her. Her artwork has progressed quite a lot from the MND style. Eric is currently working with Holmberg on stuff, so that's all good and everything. These cards are slated for TW, but as that is still up in the air, it might not come to pass. And I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I just want to be pragmatic and realistic, whatever that may entail. I haven't done much work on MND this weekend, but then again, can be evidenced from the images on the blogs for the last few days, I have been rather busy in that regards earlier in the week.

MND starts being a featured game today. What was supposed to be a one day thing ended up to be a week long thing. Oh well. I think players would be happy with it over the end of the month till the beginning of next month. Haven't seen any tournament games yet, and Mitch is still the only person who's qualified. This weekend seems slow though, but hopefully it'll change over Sunday evening server time.

I have been busy on engine stuff though. I closed out over half the BOT questions - as usual, a lot of them were frivilous and did not merit a reply. Some of them, however did require a reply and top among those were the token questions. Oh and there was a question asking BugLaden if he would marry them or something like that. I wanted to give a witty answer to that one but decided in the end to lump it with the other frivilous ones.

The major story for me today was that Portable Adventures was broken with the new build. I didn't even see that coming. I spent most of last night and early this morning (up till 4am! Yikes) and late morning and early afternoon fixing it. Oh while doing that I closed out some reported bugs as well. That game is a major headache for me. At least it's fixed now. I'm going to have to update it next month for at least 4 Encounters too. I'm not looking forward to that but something has to be done.

I've been getting tours over this time as well. I got Aidan (picks-at-flies) to teach me how to play Rage. Can't say I like it - it was boring at best. I'm sure there must be something that draws people to it, but whatever it is, I don't see it and thus it can't draw me in. Oh well. I also had Brian (bpd9383) teach me how to play Dark Eden. Now this I like. What's the difference? Close to none I guess. However the Doomtrooper style of play plus the Civilisation resource management seems to go well in my book. I really enjoyed the game I played with Brian. So maybe one of these days I'll have to build my own deck and play it. At least I'd have gotten further with it than with DoomTrooper.

The first of the ToJH tournaments was earlier today. Nobody showed up apparently. Oh well. Hopefully someone will show up for the evening one. If only 3 people show up, they will each win some silver tokens. Sounds fun. Ed was also asking me about the possibility about holding a sanctioned MND tournament. I told him to hold off until May because it'll need a lot of work to advertise it... and even then, there'll be no guarantee of success.

Tomi was working on AD today. Showed me earlier some of the screenshots and I must say it looks good. He's getting cliparts for the cards and modifying them. They look a bit cartoony, but nicer than having no images. He's not sure if the images are appropriate for the game, but they looked fine to me. I guess it's up to him if he wants to keep them or not.

Mark got a tutorial for GRfOS setup and ready. I haven't tried it yet, but from what little bits and pieces I've seen of it, it does look good. Well, I must say everyone is getting their games into shape and it's finally nice to see Mark get into the hang of things with GRfOS. He's got quite a bit of stuff on his plates though. Who knows, he might get things done before Origins afterall.

Played some LotR today... didn't do too well. One thing I discovered is that I can't play the game for too long since everything runs into a blurr after a while. Sometimes it is that boring. I'm using a Shadows Orc deck that isn't too great, but in casual play it's wrecking havoc on the alternate ring bearers. One reason to always use Frodo, I guess.

I just checked my list of stuff to do for this month and I'm still 3 short - B5 needs bold text, Hyborean Gates needs images and spoilers and HumAliens needs second order. The latter 2 are going to get bumped to next month. Hopefully, I can finish B5 sometime in the remainder of this month. The plus side is that two of the optionals have been closed out effectively, so I guess that makes up for something or other. I don't really know at this point in time.

So no new games this month, just 3 new PLs. Hopefully they'll inject something of a sense of fun into adapting games for the engine again. I was just pondering about WS again and how it's like left on the wayside. I really have to find some time to pull it by the straps up to somewhere where it gets played and stuff. Hmm... sounds like a plan. Definately not this month though, and I doubt I'll have time next month, since I'm working on Portable Adventures encounters and HumAliens New Order. I think those 2 should get priority because they are licensed games and I best get them out of the way so that I don't have a sword of Damocles hanging over my head. Then I can move on to do things I would enjoy. Sounds like a plan anyways, but all plans go awry and nothing is written in stone yet, or signed in blood or what have you not.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home